Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

"Yumitake" 2008/7/29 01:18
Hi.
I was watching Ayakashi with english subtitles and japanese audio. In a scene a girl appears suddenly and says "Yu-mi-ta-ke", but there have no traslation in the subtitle, only the romanized word. I didn't found the word in the dictionary too. Some sugestion for this word?
by Null  

. 2008/7/29 17:53
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Null again 2008/7/30 23:02
hi, meringue4. The anime I was talking about isn't the "Aykashi japanese classic horor". Hear some information: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=85...
It'a a action anime. I was talking about the third episode, when Pam appears. Well, is it useful?
by Null rate this post as useful

. 2008/7/31 00:12
I checked the episode. She says "Yuu, mikke" (Yuu, I found you).

Yuu, Mikke! 2008/7/31 00:58
Yeah, I agree with meringue4.
She says "Yuu, Mikke! (Mituketa)" like playing hide-and-seek (Yuu, I see you!).
by Hiro rate this post as useful

thank you very much 2008/8/2 23:29
Ohh, I'd never figure it before. I Should have imagined that she was talking about the protagonist. Hm, but she surely speaks a "ta", no?Like "Yuu, mitakke", or am I imagining things?
Changing the subject, the anime is good; a thing I'd like is they only refer the villain as Kare ("He"), and I could understand it only with my knowledge of japanese. Only one more thing: Did you like the anime?
by Null rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/4 02:41
Hm, but she surely speaks a "ta", no?Like "Yuu, mitakke", or am I
imagining things?

No she says "mikke", or more precisely, "miiikke". The fansub I
found in YouTube is subbed "Yu-mi-ke", which is still inaccurate but
closer to "Yuu, mikke".

Mikke is a childish form of mitsuketa. Mitakke would mean "I remember I
saw it" in an affirmative intonation or "Have I ever seen it?" in an
interrogative intonation.

reply to this thread