Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should i buy japan rail pass 2008/8/5 19:58
I am flying to Osaka in November from the uk. I will need to get a train to osaka central first from the airport. Then i will be travelling onto Yokohama, then saitama, then tokyo central then tokyo back to osaka airport. I will be in Japan from Nov 12th to nov 21st. Should i buy a pass before travelling or is it not feasible to buy a pass for all these journeys. which would be my best options? Thanks.
by shaun  

Yes, if.. 2008/8/5 22:25
If you travel from Osaka to Saitama/Tokyo and back to Osaka within 7 days, Japan Rail Pass does enable you to save considerable transportation expence.

JR Pass is about the same price as round trip between Osaka and Tokyo.
by Ts rate this post as useful

it depends 2008/8/5 22:31
You stay 9 days in Japan, so without your arriving and departure days, you will be in Japan for 7 days, and if you can plan your train travelling within these 7 days, a one week railpass would be cost efficient, however, you go on the day you arrive from Osaka to Yokohama and on your last day from Tokyo to Osaka, you'll need a 2-week railpass, which will be less cost efficient. I don't know your itenary, but if you also have plans to visit other places or do a little sightseeing i.e. Tokyo, Hakone, Nikko, Kamakura, Nagano etc etc, than a railpass is very convenient no matter if it is more or less expensive than buying tickets
by Bert rate this post as useful

reply to this thread