Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Waitress Job 2008/8/5 23:07
Hi,
Id like to do some waitressing PT. My japanese speaking skills are still poor.
Do any of you know a restaurant/izakaya/bar that will hire a gaijin?

Preferrably Shibuya, Shinjuku area. But other areas are ok too.

Thanks very much!
by K  

Izakaya Sakura Suisan 2008/8/6 12:58
"Sakura Suisan" is izakaya chains in Tokyo, Kanagawa, Saitama and Chiba. There is one at Shinjyuku, Shibuya, Ginza, Toritsudaigaku, Shinagawa, Ikebukuro, everywhere, you can choose.
What's good to tell you is that this company very much welcome foreign people to work with.
More than 4 hours per day.
at least 2 days a week.
Get paid JPY 900 when you start.
They pay transportation fee, too.
No discrimination because of sex, nationality, or age.

They have orientation for those who would like to work.

Aug. 5th, 7th, 12th, 21st.
from 17:00 - 18:30
at Kabushikigaisha Teraken,
add: Tokyo Koto-ku Kameido 1-18-9
8 minutes walk from JR Kameido Sta.

You can contact to Kabushikigaisha Teraken

03-5858-1283 P.I.C. Sase san

Good luck!!
by KS rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/8/6 14:26
Thank you KS. I appreciate the help. I will contact it soon. =)
by K rate this post as useful

go for it 2008/8/7 01:31
Tons of places hire foreign waitresses who speak little Japanese. What usually counts is to show the will to learn the language and the will to be friendly with your co-workers and customers. Just go for it.

Another idea is to ask ethnic restaurants. Places that serve exotic food even prefer to hire foreign waitresses.
by Uco rate this post as useful

That many? 2008/8/7 07:31
Tons of places? I haven't noticed this in Tokyo. Chinese people at Chinese restaurants and Indian people at Indian restaurants and similar, yes, but otherwise not so much.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Difficult 2008/8/7 14:58
Thats true. Ive even tried at a Mcdonalds (whos supposedly hiring to have a gaijin attend to gaijin customers) and they told me I have to improve my japanese more to business level then theyll hire me. There are a lot of resto/bar jobs in tokyo but not for gaijins. If you know any establishment please let me know.
by K rate this post as useful

dozens 2008/8/7 17:28
Okay, maybe not "tons" and I haven't been to Shibuya lately but dozens. An African friend were welcomed at Japanese cuisine places in Daikanyama and Minatomirai, a German friend at Tsunashima, and they weren't fluent speakers nor were they especially good-looking. But they were friendly-looking and were polite on the job. If you go eat Thai, Indonesian, Filipino or whatnot food, often a lot of waiters and waitresses hardly speak Japanese.
by Uco rate this post as useful

try Monsoon 2008/8/25 18:03
Try places like Monsoon or Fujimamas.
by tt rate this post as useful

reply to this thread