Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to stay in Hakone? 2008/8/8 03:36
Hello!

I will be in Japan at the end of August 08 and want to travel to Hakone. I cannot find a ryokan or buddhist temple to stay in! I want to spend around 100US$. I am looking for a place that is surrounded by gardens, possibly with baths, meals, not too populated and somewhere where you can meditate and relax. Please help me! I cannot seem to find anything online!

I am also traveling to Kyoto and Mount Koya, if you have ANY suggestions about these places on what to see or accommodations, PLEASE.. anything would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I know this is very last minute but I have been having a really hard time finding places to stay. Thank you SO much for helping!
by Bar  

hakone lodgings 2008/8/8 11:15
$100 a night may be difficult but we really liked the place we stayed. See my review here: http://www.2think.org/japan-hotels.shtml
by acase rate this post as useful

Koya-san 2008/8/8 11:35
by William rate this post as useful

Hakone 2008/8/8 14:17
This is great, thank you! I have now booked a place for Kyoto and Kyosan but am in need of a place in Hakone. Any suggestions for Hakone (really need help finding a place here)? Any neat ideas for a place to stay in Tokyo as well that is cheap?
by bar rate this post as useful

hotels 2008/8/8 16:36

Hakone 2008/8/8 23:43
Thank you so so so much!!! This is excellent! Cant wait to start my trip! Thanks!
by Bar rate this post as useful

Ryokan in Hakone 2008/8/8 23:52
Sorry to tap into this post. Any recommendation of Ryokan which comes with private bath room and wif Mt Fuji view?

Thanks!
by zenn rate this post as useful

yes but expensive 2008/8/9 03:00
Onsenji Yumedono Ryokan has private baths with Mt. Fuji view, but it's expensive.

http://onsenji.com/en/

fuji view & private bath 2008/8/9 07:40
If you are willing to stay in Kawaguchiko vice Hakone, there are a number of places available. We stayed at Konansou, at Kawaguchiko, which has rooms with a stunning view of Mt. Fuji, and private baths on the balcony. You can book through www.japaneseguesthouses.com
by Spednthrift rate this post as useful

Osaka to Kawaguchiko station? 2008/8/9 11:26
Thanks william & Spednthrift!

I was told to travel by the following :

From Osaka to Mishima by train = For 3 hours
From Mishima to Kawaguchiko station by bus = For 2 hours

However, Japanican told me that there is no express bus from Mishima to Kawaguchiko Station by bus in Sep as the bus service stop in End Aug. Issit true? If so, how do I travel from Osaka to kawaguchiko Station if I am staying at Lake Kawaguchi area?

Thanks

Pls comments. 2008/8/9 11:57
Onsenji Yumedono Ryokan is full on the date I am going.

Konansou is full by Japanican and I don't seems to be able to find it from Japanese Guest Hse. Can someone help.

Any comments on Yamagishi Ryokan & Fuji Lake Hotel Resort & Spa?

We will prefer royokan with private bath room. Thanks!

Hotel Konanso 2008/8/9 12:05
I found Hotel Konanso in Japanese Guest Hse! But how can I find out the rate and if it's available on 5 sep as I don't see any link or email for me to check.

Osaka - Kawaguchiko 2008/8/9 12:31
You can use JR + Fuji Exp., travelling time is about 5.5 hrs.

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

... 2008/8/9 15:10
However, Japanican told me that there is no express bus from Mishima to Kawaguchiko Station by bus in Sep as the bus service stop in End Aug. Issit true?

No, it is not true! There are buses between Mishima and Kawaguchiko around the year. More details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html?aFROM=2157_6900
by Uji rate this post as useful

Osaka to Kawatuchiko Station 2008/8/11 00:03
Thanks William & Uji. Is the following workable?

From Osaka
By train and bus by way of Shin-Osaka Station
Total travel time: 258 min. Total fare: 8960 Yen
JR Shin-Osaka Station - (JR Tokaido Shinkansen Line. 128 min. 6830 Yen) - Mishima Station - (Fuji Kyuko Bus. 130 min. 2130 Yen) - Kawatuchiko Station

. 2008/8/11 06:23
--From Osaka
By train and bus by way of Shin-Osaka Station
Total travel time: 258 min. Total fare: 8960 Yen
JR Shin-Osaka Station - (JR Tokaido Shinkansen Line. 128 min. 6830 Yen) - Mishima Station - (Fuji Kyuko Bus. 130 min. 2130 Yen) - Kawatuchiko Station--

The Shinkansen fare is incorrect.
Shin-Osaka to Mishima: 11,750 yen in reserved seat in the shoulder season

The bus between Mishima and Kawaguchiko via Gotemba runs all year round.

Timetable: http://www.fujikyu.co.jp/bus2/jikokuhyo/jikoku01.htm

Look at the second chart.
三島駅発 = Mishima Station departures
御殿場駅着 = Gotemba Station arrivals
御殿場駅発 = Gotemba Station departures
河口湖駅着 = Kawaguchiko Station arrivals
by optimistk rate this post as useful

japanese guest houses reservation 2008/8/11 06:51
If you find www.japaneseguesthouses.com there is an option for 'reservation form'...you fill that out and they'll get back to you in a couple of days.
When I have used their service in the past, they have been able to offer other ryokans when the one I had selected was full. So they may be able to help you get what you want even if Konansou is full. August is prime vacation time, so it may be difficult.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

Yamagishi Ryokan Vs Fuji Lake Hotel 2008/8/11 19:20
Thanks optimistk & spendthrift! I am currently tryin to check if I can change my Tokyo Hotel's date so that I can travel from Tokyo to Mt Fuji instead of from Osaka as travelling time from Tokyo is shorter by half.

I am currently deciding btw Yamagishi Ryokan Vs Fuji Lake Hotel. Any comments and which is more convenient?

reply to this thread