Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

wifi access in japan? 2008/8/9 03:52
Hello, I will be travelling Japan for 2 months. I will be at both urban and rural areas. I was wondering what the best option for keeping a blog and storing photos was?
Im considering buying a mini-laptop but now Im reading that there arent many free wifi hotspots in Japan. For example, Mcdonalds has them but requires a subscription. How about train stations? Will most of them have wifi available for free?
Or is my best option just to use internet cafes, do they have high-enough speed connections to upload a few hundred photos and make a blog post quickly enough?
I wont be spending many nights in hotels with wifi.

Im just wanting some advice so I can make a decision. Thanks for any information that you can give me!
by Martin  

... 2008/8/9 11:34
Are you going to stay at one place for 2 months or moving from one place to another?
If you stay at business hotels, such as Toyoko Inn, they offer free internet access in the room. All you have to bring is PC & LAN cable and I think this is the easiest and most feasible option.
by JLady rate this post as useful

free wifi access in Japan 2008/8/9 14:44
Maybe this will help. Map of Japan showing free wifi spots.

http://www.freespot.com/users/map_e.html
by .. rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/9 21:30
How about train stations? Will most of them have wifi available for free?

No.

Or is my best option just to use internet cafes, do they have high-enough speed connections to upload a few hundred photos and make a blog post quickly enough?

It's handiest for tourists if you don't mind Japanese OS and keyboard. Many Internet cafes use high speed optical fiber connection. Beware of your password.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread