Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shodoshima to Kyoto? 2008/8/9 12:25
What's the #1 fastest way to get from Shodoshima to Kyoto via ferry and train/shinkansen?

This is the one last thing I need to figure out for my upcoming trip, and it's driving me crazy!
by Onibaba  

... 2008/8/9 15:15
Take the ferry from Shodoshima to Himeji Port (100 minutes), then the bus from Himeji Port to Himeji Station (20 minutes) and then the shinkansen from Himeji to Kyoto (45 minutes).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Possible #2 Route 2008/8/9 21:20
At the risk of making you crazier, let me throw out that it depends on where you are on the island. The ferry to Himeji leaves from the north side (Fukuda). If you are on the southwest side it is probably faster to take the ferry from Tonosho to Okayama port, bus from Okayama port to Okayama station, and shinkansen to Kyoto. Here is a page with a couple of maps that might help orient you:

http://www.town.shodoshima.lg.jp/en/map_access.html

I hope you have a good time on Shodoshima. I was there last summer and have fond memories.
by Uma rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2008/8/12 06:25
Thanks you two, this helps!
by Onibaba rate this post as useful

reply to this thread