Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Trains to Kyoto to Osaka 2008/8/9 13:00
Which trains included in JR Pass Kyoto to Osaka?

I did a route search and found the following options to get to Osaka:

Option 1: At Kyoto, take JR Special Rapid Service to SHINOSAKA then OsakaCity Midousuji Line to UMEDA.

Option 2: At kyoto, LTD.EXP OCEAN ARROW 17 to SHINOSAKA. Then JR Kyoto Line to Osaka

My questions are: are these trains covered by JRPass? Do we need make reservations or pay any extras?
by lsee  

... 2008/8/9 15:22
Which trains included in JR Pass Kyoto to Osaka?

The JR Kyoto Line (also known as JR Tokaido Line) and the JR Tokaido Shinkansen:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2363.html?aFROM=2157_2158

Option 1: At Kyoto, take JR Special Rapid Service to SHINOSAKA then OsakaCity Midousuji Line to UMEDA.

Just take the Special Rapid all the way to Osaka Station, which is located just next to Umeda Station! The Special Rapid is covered by the Japan Rail Pass, but the Midousuji Line is not.

At kyoto, LTD.EXP OCEAN ARROW 17 to SHINOSAKA. Then JR Kyoto Line to Osaka

Agai, just take the Ocean Arrow all the way to Osaka Station instead of transferring at Shin-Osaka Station! It is covered by the Japan Rail Pass.

Do we need make reservations or pay any extras?

No.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Do as local people do? 2008/8/9 19:33
I did hyperdia search too.

-JR Special Rapid Service
540yen, 29mins

-JR LTD.EXP RAICHO
1880yen, 27mins

-JR SHINKANSEN HIKARI
2930yen, 30mins, 1 transfer

Most local people would just get on JR Special Rapid Service from Kyoto to Osaka, which is easiest and least complicated.

If you'd like to experience Shinkansen ride, you can do it too!
by Ts rate this post as useful

reply to this thread