Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need some advice on Osaka 2008/8/11 10:56
Planning to visit Osaka in October.Need to know what is the best way to travel around as we only have 5 days. Sightseeting & also some recommendation on ryokan.
by shinnyshine  

... 2008/8/11 13:04
Kansai region offers both Historila & Modern attractions. What is your interest? :)
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2402_4.html
by Ts rate this post as useful

about Osaka 2008/8/11 14:28
what do you mean by travelling around? 5 days in Osaka or 5 days for the Kansai region? The best known towns in the Kansai are Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Kobe. They are very close to one another and there are numerous commuter trains between these cities (and others) all day long. I mostly use JR as it goes everywhere but you can also use other rail companies. Check Transportation then trains passes on this site under A-Z at the very top of the page.Be sure to check www.osaka-info.jp/en/ for tons of info about Osaka.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Osaka 2008/8/12 00:11
5 Days is a lot of time, do you plan to stay in Osaka or travel to other Kansai areas?
In Osaka, I reccomend going to Osaka Castle and Dotonburi. Also a day trip to Nara is well worth it. Havent been to Kyoto yet, but I have read wonderful things about it. Let us know what you are interested in.
by cf rate this post as useful

Osaka 2008/8/12 02:26
Actually there is much more than Dotombori and the castle! Kita Umeda and Minami Namba each have lots of great stores, thousands of restaurants,interesting buildings etc. There are also old shrines like Sumiyoshi taisha and the trendy areas of Orange street and Amerika mura and much more. There is indeed enough for 5 days. Check it out on www.osaka-info.jp/en/ All the same I would suggest to visit Nara, Himeji castle(bigger than Osaka's and the real thing, not a replica)and of course one should also explore Kyoto for 2 days at least. the OP hasn't replied so we can't help re transportation but suffice to say that there are several local passes that can cut down on expenses if wisely used. Check rail passes under transportation in the A-Z section at the very top of this site.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Koya-san 2008/8/12 02:51
Osaka is a good base for visiting Koya-san which is about 90 min by train from Nankai Namba Station.

http://www.koya.org/eng
by William rate this post as useful

reply to this thread