Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which pass to get? 2008/8/11 17:25
Hi
I m using the 7days JR pass on a 8days Osaka/Kyoto/Tokyo trip. I will reach Narita Airport in the morning n travel to Osaka on the first day. Therfore, will activate the JR pass.On the 6th,7th,8th day, I will be spending time in Tokyo(taking 9th day morning flight from Narita). I will reach Shinjuku on Thurs(6th day) afternoon. As my 3 kids will love to go DisneySea and also to avoid the Sat crowd, I intend to go on Friday(7th day). By then my 7days JR pass will b expire on the Sat(8th day). I have the following qns

1 Is it advisable not to go DisneySea on the Sat?
2. On Thurs, after reaching Shinjuku, I will travel around Ueno,Asakusa, Ginza, Imperial Palace area, is JR pass suffice?
3. I intend to go Tsukiji Fish market, Ghilbli museum, move around Harajuku,Shibuya area on Sat, is it better to buy single trip tickets or limo+metro pass, or the or the Toei + metro or the suica/pasimo card?
Can advise please?
Thanks in advance.
by MG  

answers 2008/8/11 17:58
1 Is it advisable not to go DisneySea on the Sat?
Yes, it is advisable not to if you can avoid it.

2. On Thurs, after reaching Shinjuku, I will travel around Ueno,Asakusa, Ginza, Imperial Palace area, is JR pass suffice?
Ueno, Ginza, Imperial palace can be reachable with JR lines. Asakusa is not.

3. I intend to go Tsukiji Fish market, Ghilbli museum, move around Harajuku,Shibuya area on Sat, is it better to buy single trip tickets or limo+metro pass, or the or the Toei + metro or the suica/pasimo card?
One think I can say is you need to travel very fast to make 1day pass in tokyo worthwhile. Maybe some other person will give you better suggestion.
by Ts rate this post as useful

Nex + Suica /Limo + Metro 2008/8/12 12:23
Hi Ts
Thks for your advise.
Can I check oso
1. the Nex + Suica/ Limo + Metro special promotion , the Nex or Limo in the resp. packages can only b use to travel from Narita airport to Tokyo and cant change to Tokyo to Narita airport?
2. If that is the case, I think the best option for me will b purchasing the Suica card to use on my 6th, 7th, 8th days in Tokyo with my JR pass expiring on the 7th day. I intend 2 purchase the kid suica pass for my 2 kids, but read from the forum that the kids need japanese names for the counter staff to enter the data, is it true?
Thanks
by MG rate this post as useful

reply to this thread