Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

Where to stay in Shinjuku (cheap) 2008/8/12 09:57
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on where to stay in Shinjuku that is fairly cheap.
Myself and my friend are looking at around 100 AUD a night.. and want something clean and possibly walking distance from Shinjuku Station or a JR station or 2 away. Does anyone have any good places they can recommend?
by Lyn  

Toyoko Inn 2008/8/12 19:40
Toyoko Inn should be within your budget, 9,240 Yen for a twin, 10 minutes walk to Shinjuku JR station and a few minutes to the subway:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00078/index.html
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

staying 2008/8/13 04:19
You should also look at other areas along the Yamanote loop line (Google JR Yamanote line and click on the map). You can go easily around all the major neighbourhoods with that line. The problem with Shinjuku, Ikebukuro and Shibuya is that most of the foreign tourists want to stay there so it is harder to find rooms. I guess that these tourists don't know that in big cities it is cheaper to stay in a plain-not famous-area and quickly go around the whole town by rapid transit. In addition this give one a chance to stay in an area where people actually live and are locals rather than tourists.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/13 05:22
Monkey see: While I agree there are better places to stay in Tokyo (I usually stay in Otsuka, Korakuen,and sometimes Gotanda), the price of the Toyoko Inn rooms at Shinjuku are usually the same as their other hotels in Tokyo.

hotels 2008/8/13 06:47
RobBeer You are right of course. I keep the Toyoko Inn site as a favorite and SHOULD have worded my answer better to point out to the OP that, although she can get a Toyoko inn in her price range in Shinjuku, she might find more interesting to stay in a less touristy area. I learned that "trick" long ago,from one of my clients in Europe.He was a small town mayor,a senator, and lived in his family 17th century castle, yet, whenever he went to Paris for a senate session, he stayed in a small budget hotel on the east side of town.He didn't see the point of wasting money on a room just to sleep. Eating and talking to working class Parisians also kept him grounded.

Toyoko Inn Reservation Nvr Worked 2008/8/14 11:55
I could never reserve thru d website. The link to kabukicho in Shinjuku site is where I go but could never do it.Any clue as to why? I'm going this Nov and never been to Japan and would like to try to stay there for 2 weeks. Is this hotel centrally located in Tokyo ?
by Nice rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/14 12:47
Toyo Inn accepts reservation only 3 months in advance. As of today (August 14), for example, you cannot make a reservation for the date after Novemver 14th. I think that's why you could not make a reservation on the web. And yes, the hotel is in Shinjuku, one of the busiest area in Tokyo. But the hotel itself is located a bit far from the station.
by JLady rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/14 12:49
I agree with the otherposter, if you're looking for cheap, try some other location in Tokyo that has convenient transportation option.

On the Toyoko inn website you can make reservations only 2 months out, so if you are trying for November, you can't at the moment.

by John rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/14 14:02
Just want to chime in here. You can now have your reservation three months in advance (for non-member) for Toyoko Inn. I've just done a reservation for Nov.09 to Nov.13 today. For members, you can even book it six months in advance. I believe Toyoko just changes the rule in August so not many people are aware of it. And the internet booking seems much more smooth than before....
Stephen
by Stephen rate this post as useful

my recommendation 2008/8/14 15:31
I recommend this one«
http://www.hvf.jp/eng/shinjuku.php
Enjoy tokyo!
by Damian rate this post as useful

Something wrong with Reservation page 2008/8/15 00:28
I should have made it clear. I tried doing Sept, Oct and still none of them work. It's not because I'm trying to do 3 months in advance. Have you guys tried clicking on the reserve button with any luck? Maybe I have to be a member to work perhaps ? I heard the Toyoko inn is very decent in terms of price that's why I was interested but didn't know it is far from the train station.

Also, Since I'm stayin in Tokyo for 2 weeks, Is this too long to stay inside of Tokyo? I want to get to see all of Tokyo

All of Tokyo? 2008/8/15 00:46
What do you mean by "All of Tokyo"?

For example, you need to spend whole 2 weeks to visit all the department stores, boutiques, amusement parks or nightclubs in Tokyo. so you should stay in Tokyo for 2 weeks if you'd like to see all of them.

For an average traveller who has balanced interest among natural, historical and modern Japan, 2 weeks only in tokyo is just a waste of their precious money and time.
by ??? rate this post as useful

BTW 2008/8/15 00:48
It seems to be possible for me to book Toyoko Inn through their website now.

... 2008/8/15 01:02
I think you can book it through this link :)
https://yoyaku.4and5.com/reserve/html/rvpc_myPageTop.html#ma...

Toyoko inn 2008/8/15 02:26
If everything else fail you can also book by fax..check each hotel page for their fax number. And be sure to keep the fax message to a minimum. Like basic sentences only etc. try also to be flexible about the dates..

no dice 2008/8/15 03:04
When you click on the reservation page, it does open but you when you put any dates whether 1 or 2 weeks or 1 month from now or 2 months, It just comes up with ZERO search found. Unlike the other Toyoko Inn site, it works. Well, like the other poster said, I can always use the fax or call them up.

. 2008/8/15 04:04
For an average traveller who has balanced interest among natural, historical and modern Japan, 2 weeks only in tokyo is just a waste of their precious money and time.

Well they never said they were spending their entire time in Japan in Tokyo, just 2 weeks of it. And even if they were, so what, its their money, they can enjoy their vacation anyway they want to.

On the topic of seeing "all of it"
I live in Tokyo I haven't seen all of it yet, I'm seeing and discovering new things all the time.

Tokyo as a whole has a lot of nature and history to it as well.

As for hotel reservations, try not to limit yourself to Toyoko-Inn if you can't get the reservation for that one particular kabukicho location. Try neighboring Toyoko-inns in neighboring areas, but if you're doing that (and if you are a single traveler) you can often find cheaper (under the standard Toyoko-inn 7140/7200 yen) deals. Hotel Universe in Nihonbashi has some deals for 2-3+ stays if you are a single traveler, or the Oak Hotel in Ueno has some good deals sometimes as well.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/15 05:45
As a regular visitor to Tokyo and a regular guest at Toyoko Inn, as Monkey see stated, I would recommend staying elsewhere in Tokyo. As I said in my original post to this thread, I stay at the Ostuka and Korakuen location of Toyoko Inn. I usually stay 5 nights at Otsuka, travel north for a week and then return to the Korakoen location. If you are staying for two weeks in Tokyo, I would suggest changing location midway, just for a change of scenery, eateries, etc. The Ostuka location is a few minutes walk from the JR Ostuka station on the Yamanote line and the Korakoen location is close to 4 subway lines, with one exit across the street from the hotel. These are much quieter neigborhoods than Shinjuku, but still with plenty going on.

Oakwood Shinuku 2008/8/15 07:12
http://www.oakwood.com/serviced-apartments/furnished/JP/Toky...

Very clean and modern, close to the station, gym, sauna and sky lounge. I highly recommend it.
by Chris rate this post as useful

nishi shinjuku hotel 2008/8/15 08:00
i stayed here this past june, it was very nice, close to shinjuku station, a lot of places to eat around here is the link http://www.nshotel.com/english/
by daniel rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

reply to this thread