Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Equivalent of hisexperience in Kyoto 2008/8/12 21:28
Hi guys
I'm trying to find fun activities, Japan related, to do end of October in Kyoto. The hisexperience advertised on japan-guide shows stuff to do in Tokyo, but I couldn't find anything in Kyoto.
I'm looking for typical tourist-ish stuff like sushi making, katana wielding, etc.
by kiskit  

huh? 2008/8/13 10:16
Tourist-ish activities like katana wielding??? Now that's a first. Good luck finding that... As for sushi making, I'm sure you can find a Japanese cookery class that teaches sushi making since it's not exactly rocket science.

Anyhow, there are many (hundreds and hundreds) of beautiful temples in Kyoto. Take a day to visit as many of them as you can, not just the big major ones (Kiyomizu-dera and Yasaka-jinjya) but I like the local smaller ones even more!
by Choushimaru rate this post as useful

I know, but... 2008/8/13 16:41
Actually I found the idea on a web site that does such things in Tokyo. So it exists.
However my time in Tokyo won't allow for that.
I know that Kyoto has got tons of visits to do. I actually alraedy did some of them. However, for the sake of versatility, "doing" something other than visiting seems like a good idea.
Now that cooking classes exist, ok, but any idea where I find them?
by kiskit rate this post as useful

Maybe something like this? 2008/8/13 16:45
by Ts rate this post as useful

This kind of things 2008/8/13 17:24
Thanks for your reply.

It's the kind of things I'm looking for (the stuff that is proposed by hisexperience) but more like this page:
http://hisexperience.jp/index.php?option=com_content&task=vi...

Visits are not really the issue, but "doing stuff" by opposition to "seeing stuff".
by kiskit rate this post as useful

reply to this thread