Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Must Visit Spots In tokyo 2008/8/13 14:54
Hi, am planning to go japan in early Dec this year and will spend about 4 days in Tokyo. Can anyone recommend which are the must not be missed spots there?

ThanQ.
by beth  

... 2008/8/13 15:40
Actually, there are no such a spot there. I mean you can skip Shinjuku if u are not keen to shopping, Shibuya if u are not keen to Japanes latest fashion, Roppongi if u are not keen to nightlife, any historical spot if u are to visit any other cities in Japan.

Only Tokyo National Museum owns the best general collections Japanese works of art if u are interested.
by Ts rate this post as useful

Re:Must Visit Spots In tokyo. 2008/8/13 16:51
There are many exciting and enjoynable spots in tokyo.
Cuisine, fashion,shopping, architecture(Modern&Traditional),Culture and sub Culture ,night life are really marvelous!!
I also can't wait to go to tokyo!!!!!
by Stone rate this post as useful

must visit 2008/8/13 17:24
odaiba
by hanter rate this post as useful

Odaiba??? 2008/8/13 19:10
Odaiba??? No way, there's nothing there of note.

My one recommendation is Asakusa.
by Dan rate this post as useful

What do you want to see? 2008/8/13 19:35
It really depends what you are interested in. Some people who post their itinerary here plan to spend 2 days at Disney and 2 days at the outlet malls. Other people are interested in shrines and temples, kabuki and sumo. Others want to see the youth culture in Shibuya and Harajuku and the anime/ manga/ electronics stores in Akihabara.

What are you hoping to see? Did the Tokyo page of this website give you any ideas? And of course there are plenty of interesting things to do/see in Tokyo, to say otherwise is ridiculous.
by SHU rate this post as useful

Need more info about Tokyo 2008/8/14 01:15
I'm going to Tokyo in Nov. Where can I read more about how tokyo is formed. Meaning, I'm lost with asakusa, shinjuku, shibuya, roppongi and such. Are they cities within tokyo ? I'm from the Los Angeles and all I know is we have cities that forms into a county like LA and Orange county. Thanks!
by Nice rate this post as useful

How Tokyo is formed 2008/8/14 01:51
This will be where
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_wards_of_Tokyo

When a tourist say "Shinjuku", that usually means vibrant commercial "AREA around Shinjuku Station" in Shinjuku-Ward, Tokyo.
"Roppongi" is a downtown area around Roppongi Station in Minato-Ward, Tokyo.
"Shibuya" is a fashion area around Shibuya Station in Shibuya-Ward, Tokyo.

Usually it takes aprox. 10 mins to move from one area to another by train.
by ... rate this post as useful

hi 2008/8/14 02:42
i recomend

Shinjuku
Asakusa
Akihabara
Shibuya
Harajuku
Roppongi
Ueno
by tet rate this post as useful

Limited time 2008/8/14 05:17
Will I be able to cover the following in 2 1/2 day? If not, what are the must go places?

Gotemba Premium Outlet (1/2 day sufficient?)
Shinjuku
Asakusa
Shibuya
Roppongi
Odaiba
Meiji Shrine (Harajuku)

Any must visit shrine or temple?
by zenn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread