Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pls check my itenary 2008/8/16 01:34
Hello, can anyone check this itinery? Pls comment.Thanks.

Day 1. Reach osaka 8;30 pm
overnight there.
Day 2. Osaka: 1 day
Day 3. Fukuoka : 1 day
Day 4. Kobe : 1 day
Day 5. Kyoto: 1 day
Day 6. Nara : back to Kyoto: 1 day
Day 7. Nagoya: 1 day
Day 8. Hakone: 1 day
9. Tokyo Central + disneyland : 1 day
Day 10. Tokyo shinjuku areas : 1 day
Day 11. Tokyo nikko : 1 day
Day 12. Osaka: 1 day
Day 13. Osaka to home night flight.

Questions:

1. Is this itenary to cramp?
2. is it better to go to Fukuoka from Osaka than Kobe?
3. How long does it take from Fukuoka to Kobe? any frequent train?
5. Is there any train going Nagoya - Hakone? any extra bus transport needed? how long does it take?
6. Is it expensive to travel by taxi to tourist places?
7. Is Tokyo Disneyland far from the city , eg ikebukuro?
8. Is it worth visiting wakayama from osaka on the way back?

So sorry for the long qns! hope u can help. i'm leaving in 2 weeks and haven't planned much!

thanks.
by a  

reply on your itinerary 2008/8/18 18:07
Answers:
Buy a 14 day JR Rail Pass.
1.) Itinerary is fully packed.
2.) You can stay at either Osaka or Kobe or Kyoto, no need to have a second accomodation in this area. With JR Rail Pass the shinkansen ride is 15 min between ShinOsaka and Kyoto or ShinKobe.
3.) See trains under www.hyperdia.com English available. With JR Pass mark excepts nozomi and search under Hakata for Fukuoka and Shinkobe for Kobe, these are the names of the shinkansen stations. It is very frequent and takes 2 hours 30 min.
5.) see 3.) name of Hakone station is Hakoneyumoto. JR Rail Pass valid till Odawara then buy Hakone Free Pass
6.) Taxis are expensive and not needed to travel within citites. Good subway, train or bus net in all larger cities.
7.) see 3.) name of Disney station is Maihama
8.) see 3.) You see it is 1 hour to 1 hours 30 min depending on train
by Peter rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/21 11:43
Firstly I would drop Nagoya from your list, unless there is something you desperately need to see there.

You're going all the way down to Fukuoka but not stopping at Hiroshima or Himeji (castle)? It seems a shame. Again, unless you really have something important to see in Fukuoka I would leave it off the itinerary.

Kobe, can probably be skipped also. Or visit Himeji Castle (highly recommended) and Kobe in one day.

To save yourself from becoming completely tired of train travel you could trade Nara for an extra day in and around Kyoto. I'm not saying Nara isn't worth it but you may like to take it easy.

Otherwise it sounds like a great trip - have fun!
by Zoe rate this post as useful

itinerary 2008/8/21 16:55
I would drop Disneyland rather than Nara. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to go there when Japan has so much to offer. Actually I would drop Tokyo as Osaka and Kyoto have the same great stores and the Kansai is the most historical area of Japan yet is also very modern.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread