Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone & Kawaguchi 2008/8/16 11:56
Hi all,

A bit undecided on whether to go Hakone or Kawaguchi, so could use some feedback, pls.

From what I read, seems Hakone is more fun but Kawaguchi has a more Mt Fuji feel since it is nearer? As we'll be going in Nov, does the weather affect anything?

We're now considering getting the Hakone Free Pass and do the Pass's recommended tour. Then head for Kawaguchi where we stay 2 nights. We'll then have a full day to explore kawaguchi area as well.

However, the problem is our luyggage. Any idea what's the cheapest way to have our luggage delivered from Tokyo to Mt Fuji?

Alternatively, we base in Tokyo and just make day trip to Hakone and forget Kawaguchi. Would we miss out on experiencing Mt Fuji this way?

Would be most grateful to hear any suggestions to our itinerary.
by lsee  

Luggage Transfer Service 2008/8/20 02:01
You can consider Takkyubin http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/english/services/takkyu.html for transport of luggage
by zenn rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/20 06:39
I went to Kawaguchiko in mid-October, the weather was pleasant and I got a view of Mt Fuji. I also went wandering around the developed lava caves. It's not as touristy as Hakone.

I went to Hakone in mid-May. The clouds and fog obscured the view as well as made the cable car route quite boring since I couldn't see anything. There is a good open air museum in Hakone as well as the the old checkpoint, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by cheapest way, I estimate using a delivery service would cost about 2000yen per suitcase from Tokyo to Mt Fuji.
by Keitm rate this post as useful

Thanks all! 2008/8/20 11:10
If we forward our luggage to Kawaguchi from Tokyo, then we leave at 8ish for Hakone, do you think we can still leisurely complete the loop by 4pm? I'm afraid we only can go on a Sunday (23rd Nov) so we're a bit worried on the crowd situation. I read may have to queue quite a bit for the various modes of transport?

by lsee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread