Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

will I need JR or not 2008/8/17 04:12
I am staying in Kyoto, Osaka for a combination for 5 days and tokyo for 2 weeks.

If JR is not worth it, then plrease tell me what sort of pass should I get.

Also how much money will food set me back as I am taking 400,000 yen.

I want to know cause if it will eat badly into my spending money then I want to know now.

Plane and hotels are already paid for
by Abhi B  

maybe, maybe not 2008/8/18 11:14
if you're not going to travel a lot out of each area don't bother with buying travel pass. (save yourself a lot of money) You can by a day pass in each city if you don't want to bother buying a ticket for each train ride.
by .. rate this post as useful

enough 2008/8/18 16:37
Abhi you certainly have enough money if your hotels are already paid for.
Do you have any travel plans ?
Without a plan you can't get good advice on a pass.
by RodW rate this post as useful

travel plans 2008/8/18 21:14
erm well I was jyst thinking of getting trains in soaka to main spots since I since I will only be there for 1 night, kyoto well I was gonna visit the temples and hotspots.

Tokyo, well I was visit Akibara, Shinjuku, I was gonna go to the ninja restuarant, I have a program to go to at Hamamatsucho station and othet arcade, anime and tourist type places for 2 weeks.

I tell you what speaking to you shows that I better try to make some sort of scheldule instead of just winging it.

BUT what sort of travel pass should I buy then as I will be
by Abhi B rate this post as useful

passes 2008/8/18 21:16
Thanks for the advice about the day pass

The only time I will be using the JR I would have though is going from Osaka to Kyoto and then to Tokyo
by Abhi B rate this post as useful

JR pass 2008/8/19 03:05
Abhi B. still tentatively planning your trip after all these months? Then you should plan on spending more time on the Kansai and less in the Kanto as the former has more interesting places as far as history and culture go. A 7 day JR pass is the same price as a return ticket from Tokyo to Kyoto and back. You can also use that pass on local trains in the Kansai region. A 14 day pass is more expensive but you can use it in Tokyo on JR trains and also to go outside Tokyo for day trips.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread