Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need help in Hokkaido and Tokyo 2008/8/17 23:25
Hi,

I need help in planning a trip to Hokkaido and Tokyo during the December period around Christmas (before and after) for about 10 days to 14 days.

Can any kind folks here help me out in recommending how many days I should stay in each place and what are the MUST SEE attractions in these two places?

Is it easier to get around in Hokkaido without a vehicle? Cause i guess it gets too snowy and driving is a bit dangerous.

Thanks in advance.
by Adrian  

Brrr 2008/8/18 13:46
Unless you have some special interest such as skiing I would question going to Hokkaido in December. Very cold,difficult by car, fine by train, but what do you want to see that won't be covered with snow.
by RodW rate this post as useful

Hmm 2008/8/18 14:01
Thanks for the tip. I heard that the food in Hokkaido is superb but going there in December just for food and ski won't be that worth it? Is there anything else in Hokkaido that is happening in December?
by Adrian rate this post as useful

snow festival 2008/8/18 14:12
you should watch snow festival that be held in Sapporo city.That is very wonderful festival.the faous artist make a ice sculputure.my suggestion is you should stay in sapporo 5days and otherdays in tokyo.
by YUJI rate this post as useful

Err,he said December 2008/8/18 16:32
Snow festival is in February.
Time in Sapporo......top of hill via cable car,one evening, beer factory,few hours,down to Otaru for some serious sushi, one evening or a lunchtime visit. See the guide books but as I said "you'd need a reason to go in winter. I've been twice in winter. Once during February for the snow festival and the 'mini' snow festival in Otaru. And again in February of this year but only stayed a night each way passing through to Abashiri for the ice cruise.
See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UVBe3EPAJk
you can also take in some of the train trip on the other clips.
by RodW rate this post as useful

Tokyo? 2008/8/18 23:06
Wow. Thats impressive ice cruise. Looks like February is the right month for Hokkaido with the ice cruise and snow festival. Do you suggest the entire 10 days to spend around central Japan (Tokyo to Osaka to Kyoto )? Since it is more accessible, more things to see? I wanted to visit before Christmas... I heard the illuminations in Tokyo is excellent.
by Adrian rate this post as useful

reply to this thread