Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

easy to start a business in Japan? 2008/8/17 23:28
How easy/difficult is it to set up your own business in Japan, compared to, let's say the US?
And, what opportunities are there in the Japanese market?
by D  

well... 2008/8/18 12:37
Need to employ 2 Japanese staff full time.
Need to present a viable business plan, preferably for a business you have operated elsewhere before.
Need to show you have the cash to do those two things.
If you can do this we can look at the next steps :)
by TheJapanChannel com rate this post as useful

are you sure 2008/8/22 15:37
Need to employ 2 Japanese staff full time...

can you elaborate on this one for me. thanks
by pete rate this post as useful

Clarification 2008/8/22 15:42
Pete,

can you elaborate on this one for me.

If you wish to start your own business, you need to employ at least two Japanese nationals as full-time staff.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

a few exceptions 2008/8/22 21:31
If you start a internet business (like a e-shop or a e-service) than there is no need for 2 Japanese full-time employees. Another exception is free-lancing
by Bert rate this post as useful

what about a language school 2008/8/22 22:34
my friend and i have just started our own language school. we thought we were doing everything by the book - we even hired a lawyer to set up a company etc. we don't have any japanese staff though - we are too small. what will happen?
by pete rate this post as useful

Visa issues 2008/8/22 22:56
Pete,

The Japanese staff stipulation is a requirement for obtaining a visa, but if you already have valid visas, then I don't think it is an issue. Hopefully your lawyer will be able to give you a more accurate answer than us amateurs.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread