Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR pass from Kansai to Shibuya? 2008/8/19 07:50
Hi
We are flying into Kansai (Osaka) in 2 weeks. We stay there for a night and then plan to use our JR pass to catch the train into Shibuya. i know we'll need to change trains a few times. Does anyone know of a "route finder" that is reliable and accurate or has anyone done this in the past and can offer any tips? Thx
by harajuku lover  

Hyperdia! 2008/8/19 12:37
by Nicholas rate this post as useful

trains... 2008/8/19 16:40
try also www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/e-norikeyin.html

be sure to read the help section and also about the symbols before using Hyperdia!
also don't worry about the prices on these 2 sites! with a JR pass you don't pay anything extra. Prices are useful if you need to compare the price of a pass versus all the train trips you will make. for example if you only go from Osaka to Tokyo once and do not go back to Osaka a 7 days JR pass will be too expensive.
by Monkeys ee rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/19 17:36
I have just compiled a eastbound Shinkansen Hikari timetable.

http://tinyurl.com/5k42f8
S.OSA = Shin-Osaka
Shina = Shinagawa
Adjust the font size so that the chart will fit the computer screen.

The Yamanote Line runs every 3 to 4 minutes and takes 13 minutes from Shinagawa to Shibuya.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/8/20 06:26
Thank you all - you've been v helpful!!! Can't wait to go now!
by harajuku lover rate this post as useful

Osaka nights! 2008/8/20 08:02
Why the big rush in Osaka? There are many great things to do in Osaka...though of course, Shibuya has its charms.

Kansai Airport is incredibly easy to use. The 1 point to remember, get on a JR TRAIN...which is not hard to remember. From Kansai Airport, you can go directly (I believe) to Shin-Osaka station via JR. I believe this train is 90 minutes or so. NOTE HERE: Do not go to Osaka station as the Shinkansen leaves from Shin-Osaka station (hence the name). Getting from Osaka to Tokyo from here is easy. In Tokyo, from Shinagawa (track 14/15 I believe) or Tokyo (track 6 I believe) stations you can arrive in Shibuya via the Yamanote (Green line) in 20 minutes or so. It is quite easy trip. Just go slow! Dont run for trains...then you'll screw up!
by Johnas rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/20 08:47
Pictorial on how to transfer from Shinkansen to Yamanote Line at Shinagawa.

http://tinyurl.com/5trvgq
by optimistk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread