Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to meet at Narita Airport 2008/8/19 15:46
Our friend is arriving at Narita airport on a later date to ourselves so we need to go out to collect her. Where would you suggest that we organise to meet her? We are totally unfamiliar with Narita. Is there only one point of exit after our friend has been through customs and immigration so we can stand near the exit door, or are there multiple exits in which case we will have no idea which door she will use? If so, we need another place to organise to meet.

By the way I know that it will take quite a lot of time out of our day to go to/from Tokyo to collect her, but quite honestly I don't think she is up to getting into Tokyo by herself to find us. Thanks for your help.
by Spuds  

Narita 2008/8/19 16:57
To start with you have to find which terminal her plane lands in. One suggestion would be to meet by the railway station in that terminal (you have to choose JR or Keisei). Did you Google Narita aiport to find maps of the terminals? if not please do and e-mail a copy you made to her.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/19 17:27
Starbucks on the basement 1 in Terminal 1 in case your friend arrives at that terminal.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Passports 2008/8/19 17:41
Remember to bring your passports (which you should carry on you in any case as a tourist in Japan) as you will need to show it before being able to enter the terminal even if you are not departing yourself.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

Where in Terminal 2 2008/8/19 21:28
Thank you for your responses. I have checked and it will be at Terminal 2 that she is arriving. I am unable to get the link from the Narita Airport site to Terminal 2 to work to have a look. Is there a Starbucks or something similar there as well? Good tip about the passport too, I hadn't realised that.
by Spuds rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/20 00:06
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Phone Number 2008/8/20 08:07
Although Narita is not terribly difficult to use I would strongly suggest you link up via PHONES!!! If you have a phone make sure you guys are in touch!

I can find my way around in just about anywhere in Japan BUT you never know when there will be a train delay, typhoon, X, Y, Z...

Even the wisest Japanese have difficulty finding each other when X, Y, Z happens. However, it is not that hard..
by Johnas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread