Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Osaka to Fuji - Recommendations? 2008/8/19 17:31
Hi there,

I am travelling (first time as a tourist) from Osaka to Fuji (Speedway - in order to see the Formular 1 race).

I have several days before the race starts so I wanted to do some sightseeing while travelling from Osaka to Fuji.

What would you recommend?

I have already seen Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Himeji and Kobe.

I was thinking about Ise-shi, then maybe stay somewhere near the Ise-wan (I love islands) ...

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks in advance!

by Tanja  

suggestions 2008/8/19 22:16
While you're in Osaka, go to Koya-san and spend a night in one of the temples.

If you're visiting Ise-shi, consider going further south to see Meoto-iwa wedding rock in Futami and Mikimoto Pearl Island in Toba.

Going back up north from Ise-shi, visit Nagoya for a day.

On your way to Fuji Speedway, Hakone is good for 1-2 day visit.
by William rate this post as useful

the cities especially for you! :D 2008/8/19 23:25
The region between Nagoya and Fuji, called Tokai Region, is the place which is leading Japan's manufacturing industry and where world-famous Japanese companies such as TOYOTA, HONDA, YAMAHA were founded and still base their headquaters or factories.

You can join the factory tours offered by them and see the latest cars still waiting to be released into the market.

http://www.sangyokanko.jp/craftsmanship_english/window.html
http://www.iist.or.jp/wf/magazine/0327/0327_E.html
by Ts rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/8/21 18:24
Any other recommendations?

Tanks a lot!
by Tanja rate this post as useful

Kii 2008/8/21 22:07
How about spending a few days down in Kii Peninsula. We went there this April and fully enjoy the trip.

From Osaka, go to Wakayama, then Shirahama, Kushimoto, Katsuura, Nachi Taisha/Nachi-no-take, Shingu, Kumano, and finally use Ise-shi as base for Futami,Toba and Kashikojima/Ago-wan.
by William rate this post as useful

reply to this thread