Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

TV program in Tokyo 2008/8/19 23:48
I just bought a LCD TV and has tried to watch TV programs in Tokyo. Now, I can see all the Analog Channel / Digital Channel (about 9 channels). However, I cannot see both BS or CS programs. I understand that CS services needs to be subscribed and charged. But are BS channels free? How can I get access to the BS channels? Do I need to purchase an antenna?
by mrsuperbig  

BS 2008/8/20 10:23
Mrsuperbig,

To see BS (satellite) channels, you will need either a satellite dish or a cable provider that offers them. The NHK BS channels are usually free, but most others are subscription based.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

BS 2008/8/20 12:38
Actually, the NHK BS channels are unencrypted, but they're not free. Each household with equipment capable of receiving the NHK TV service is obliged to pay a monthly charge for that service, and the monthly charge is higher if you have equipment capable of receiving the BS channels.

Many people don't pay, of course, and there is no legal penalty for not paying; but they're not free.
by the nhk man rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/20 17:40
BS channels:

NHK BS1(101)/BS2(102)/BShi(103): mentioned as above
BS nittele(141), BS Asahi(151), BS-i(161), BS Japan(171), BS Fuji(181), BS11(211), TwellV(222): free
WOWOW(191), Star Channel(200): pay channel (scrambled)
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread