Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt. Fuji 2nd week of Sept. 2008/8/20 04:39
THank you in advance for your advice.
I will be in Japan the 2nd week of September and want to Climb Mt. Fuiji. What is the best way to do this? What time is the best time to start? Will we be allowed to climb to the top in Sept? What should we pack in our day packs, what should we wear?
How long does it take?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
by Natalie-chan  

Re: Mt. Fuji in September 2008/8/20 10:38
Natalie,

Please take a moment to review the Mt. Fuji link at:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6901.html

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Cheers,

George
by george rate this post as useful

Your possible company 2008/8/20 11:58
Hi. Here's someone who's looking for a company to climb the mountain together in the 2nd weekend of September.

http://mountfujiguide.com/forum/257
by junior rate this post as useful

more info 2008/8/20 12:06
I have read that page and everything is very generic. I was looking for more specific info. Is it possible to get to the top in September? If not how far up do they let you go? Does the temperature change much from august to September? If the top of the mountain is closed is it still worth it to hike over night or is a day trip up and back more recomended?
by natalie-chan rate this post as useful

thank you! 2008/8/20 12:12
great information Junior thank you!
by Natalie-chan rate this post as useful

Mt Fuji common sense 2008/8/20 12:21
obviously if the top is closed there is no point climbing overnight as you would climb up to a point lower than the top then have to go back down all in the dark and cold. I just saw a Nikkei TV program about climbing Mt Fuji and the trails are steep and slippery at times, even on dry weather. it would be dangerous at night even for an experienced person. I have lived in mountainous regions. During the day we sunbathed in swimming trunks and were very warm. At night, in the same location, we were shivering with several layers of clothes plus a thick parka, gloves etc.and could only stay out for 1 hr max. The reason Fuji is closed when it is closed is because it is not safe for the average person. Stay below and admire it from a distance.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Summit 2008/8/20 21:36
Natalie
The weather at the summit on July 27th when I summited was below 0C. I think they wrote 6C at the 6th station information hut, but the wind was ferocious that morning. It was easily below zero with the wind chill.

You can check out the sound of the wind on my videos
www.youtube.com/ichinensei2
by Ichinensei rate this post as useful

Climbing on Sept 13-14 2008/8/21 00:58
Hi Natalie,

I'm planning of climbing Mt. Fuji on those days. But that will depend on the weather. Doing some research, they say that it's quite cold this year.

you can also check out this site http://www.mountfujiguide.com/

by EdW1ned rate this post as useful

Advice about name 2008/8/21 03:53
Natalie.
A person NEVER calls themself -san, -chan, -sama, etc. It is simply not done.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread