Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo > Kanazawa > Kitakyushu? 2008/8/20 05:12
Hi everyone. I'm traveling in Japan this December. I'll have a JR Pass with me. I've travelled in Japan on several occasions before. I'm used to taking two bullet trains from Tokyo to Kokura (Kitakyushu), but am new to Kanazawa.

Here's my route plan....

Tokyo to Kanazawa:
Shinkansen to a Limited Express train?

Kanazawa to Kokura (Kitakyushu):
This is the route I'm not sure about either. Initially it looks like I have to take some sort of local train. What might be covered by JR Pass to get to Shin-Osaka (so that I can transfer from there to the Sanyo Shinkansen to Kokura)?

Kokura to Tokyo:
Already familiar with this route.

The Kanazawa area is totally new to me, so any help in how to get in and out of there would be a great help. Thanks again!!
by Decker  

Trains 2008/8/20 10:30
Here's what I usually do (I have family in Toyama so it's the same route)

Tokyo to Kanazawa: 1) Shinkansen Hikari from Tokyo to Maibara and then Ltd Express "Shirasagi" from Maibara to Kanazawa OR
2) Shinkansen "Toki" to Echigo Yuzawa and Ltd Express "Hakutaka" from there to Kanazawa. The second option takes about 10 minutes less depending on changing trains.

As for the second part of your trip, keep it simple and as comfortable as you can: Ltd Express Thunderbird to Shin-Osaka and then Shinkansen Hikari to your final destination.
by Dan rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2008/8/20 13:26
Thanks Dan! That helps quite a bit!!
by Decker rate this post as useful

reply to this thread