Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suggestions on where to stay on a budget 2008/8/21 13:14
Hi all,

now I am not expecting anyone to research for me - all I am after is places where you have stayed or already know of that are more at the budget end (up to $150AUD/night for a double/twin with a private toilet/shower)
I am looking at Shinjuku, Shibuya and similar, but am open to suggestions.
Somewhere that is very easily accessed, and also allows us to go wandering at night to see the neon lights..

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
by MrsKiss  

Toyoko Inn 2008/8/21 14:54
MrsKiss,

That's about 14,000 yen a night right? Check out the Toyoko Inn chain of business hotels, as they will be well within your budget.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Not to Worry - I have booked .. 2008/8/21 16:37
the Sunroute Plaza Hotel Shinjuku

Lots of good reviews everywhere and heaps of good pics. Prob a bit more than I would have liked to have spent but it should be worth it.

cheers for your help anyway
by MrsKiss rate this post as useful

Toyoko 2008/8/21 20:37
I'm with Dave on this one. I/we always stay at one when they are in the city of our choice. Last trip we stayed at Ikebukuro, trip before I stayed in Shinagawa. Less than Y10,000 a twin/double and always spotlessly clean and up to date. Free internet access is also a bonus but I noticed on my last trip that most hotels have realised that they must match that to keep their clients. Have stayed Toyoko right through Japan and couldn't recommend them highly enough if budget is important. At the end of the day all one really wants is a warm clean bed to sleep in. Why pay for extravagant trimmings.
by RodW rate this post as useful

Super hotels 2008/8/22 01:47
We found the Super Hotels prize worthy: http://www.superhotel.co.jp/en/find.html
The rooms are small, but not much smaller than many other business hotels in Japan.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

MrsKiss 2008/8/22 19:06
Stayed at Sunroute Plaza. Pluses: next to subway exit and easy access, hotel+rooms are near new. Service was ok, not bad. Minuses: rooms small, standard twins=23 sqm. We prefer Grand Prince Akasaka for the size of its rooms=37 sqm, great views, quieter neighbourhood and excellent service from its concierge. I remember it was cheaper than the Sunroute. Anyway, check out the reviews on http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g298184-Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefec...
by CC rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/8/22 20:12
thanks for your input. I looked around and couldn't find the prince cheaper than what I go the sunroute for (expedia special)
I'm not too fussy about size of room - as long as we fit on the bed. Won't be spending too much time in the room anyhows.

Thanks again
by MrsKiss rate this post as useful

reply to this thread