Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone round course - Gotemba outlets 2008/8/21 20:04
Hi,

I need some directions for this itinerary:

Hakone Round Course: Tozan Railway, Souzan Cablecar, Hakone Ropeway, Hakone Sightseeing Boat, Moto-Hakone & Hakonemachi, and then head to Gotemba Premium outlets after the round course.

Do I take the boat back to Togendai and take a highway bus to Gotemba? Or take a Tozan bus from Moto-Hakone/Hakonemachi?

I will be getting the Hakone Free Pass. Please advice the best route to Gotemba.

Many thanks :)

by midas  

... 2008/8/22 17:53
Yes, taking the boat back to Togendai, then the Odakyu Highway Bus to Gotemba Station and then the free shuttle bus to the outlet is probably the fastest.
by Uji rate this post as useful

one more question 2008/8/22 18:22
Thanks Uji.
Do I get off the boat at Moto-Hakone and take another boat back or just sit in the same boat till it sails back to Togendai? Any boat timings/schedules available?

by midas rate this post as useful

check this site 2008/8/22 19:13
by V rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/22 19:16
by Uji rate this post as useful

dinner options 2008/8/22 19:50
Thank you guys for the tips :)

Just one more thing I need to find out...

My hotel does not provide dinner, so I have to decide between 3 places (Gotemba, Sengoku & Hakone Yumoto) for my dinner after my sightseeing activities. Which one has more food variety to choose from and what is the average cost per meal, and their typical operation hours?
by midas rate this post as useful

bus 2008/8/22 22:01
If you don't want to take the boat back to Togendai, you can take Tozan bus from Moto-Hakone/Hakonemachi to Gora. From Gora there are 6 daily direct bus to Gotemba. There are more frequent bus connections between Gotemba and Sengoku, but to get to Sengoku from Moto-Hakone/Hakonemachi, you have to make a bus transfer.

You can check out the bus routes and timetable here, in Japanese though:
http://www.hakone-tozanbus.co.jp/dia-hakone/viewhakone
by William rate this post as useful

reply to this thread