Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Very Confused, 10 days October Visit Japan 2008/8/21 23:25
hi uji, i really confused about the route in japan.
i will travel on 1st oct to 10th oct.
Please correct my iternary:
Day 1
singapore-tokyo
reach narita 3pm
proceed to sakura hotel and visit tsukiji market, shibuya, ikebukuro.

Day2 8AM depart from
Tokyo-Mt.Fuji to Hakone(kawaguchiko.st-fujikyu bus 1hr-gotemba.st-togendai Odakyu bus 30mins)
Hakone-kyoto (via odawara)
cruise on lake ashi&Mt.komagatake ropeway
should i buy hakone free pass?? is JR not included? Sorry i'm so confused.
please recommend how to get to those places specifically by JR 7days pass and is it enough time to explore above places in a day?is that possible to stay overnight at kyoto or hakone?

Day3
Hakone-odawara station-Kyoto (3hrs15mins)
Explore kyoto imperial palace, kodai-ji temple, fushimi-Inari Taisha,gion then overnight at kyoto
is this route convinience? or is there any recomended convinience route for us within exploration of those places?

Day4
Kyoto-Osaka (1/2hr)
explore universal studio
overnight at osaka (shin-osaka hotel)
from the train station how to get to is there any night attraction in osaka?

Day5
Osaka -Tokyo
osaka castle, himeji castle, umeda sky building, hard rock cafe.

Day6
Tokyo - Disneyland whole day

Day7
Tokyo - Kamakura Station- Yokohama Station

Day 8,9
Have no idea (probably go arround tokyo for shopping)
can you recommend what about takajima??places to go during october?

Day 10
back to singapore

I never been to japan and what i heard its not easy to go arround, and i am very scared. Please help me ;-p
by ling  

. 2008/8/22 14:29
Hi,

Just a suggestion.....try to spend more time in Kyoto (u'll luv it!). There are more attractions to see (unless temples & shrines puts u off). But if u enjoy shopping, then Tokyo is your best bet.

Recommended places in/near Kyoto:
- Arashiyama (Tenryuji, Togetsukyo, Katsura Rikyu - japanese guided tour, bamboo forest)
- Fushimi Inari Taisha (the ultimate torii experience - hill lined with thousands of torii, 2 hr walk)
- Kiyomizu Temple
- Nara (Todaiji, Kasuga Shrine, deer park)
- Niji Castle

Recommended places near Osaka:
- Koyasan

You may also want to consider Hiroshima (2.5hr by train from Kyoto) & Miyajima.

By the time u reach city, it'll be evening. There wont be anything to see at tsukiji mkt. U have to go there in the morning or early afternoon. U can't see the auctions now (used to be between 4-5 am), but there are many eateries there selling kaisendon, sushi...etc.

Hakone Free Pass (by Odakyu) is not covered in JR Pass. You can easily cover the suggested itinerary in a day (daytripping from Tokyo).

Todaiji (u mean the temple in Nara?) is out of the way from the others listed in Day 3.

For 1st timer, you can give kamakura & yokohama a miss.

In late Oct, the autumn foliage in Nikko is very nice but it's super-crowded!
by Geri rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/22 18:50
Day 2 is too busy. Packing in both, the 5th Station and Hakone and then continue to Kyoto might theoretically be possible, but in praxis it is too packed to be enjoyable. I recommend to drop either the 5th Station or Hakone.

If you visit only Hakone, a Hakone Free Pass (for use from Odawara) is going to pay off if you make the classic round course. However, the Komagatake Ropeway is not covered (although discounted) by the Hakone Free Pass. Access to the base of Komagatake Ropeway is also not so easy with Hakone Free Pass covered transportation. If you were to drop Komagatake Ropeway and make the classic round course, the Hakone Free Pass would be the perfect solution.

is JR not included?

No, JR is not covered by the Hakone Free Pass:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html

is this route convinience?

Note that a reservation for a fixed timed tour is necessary for the Kyoto Imperial Palace is necessary. You will have to plan the rest of the day around that fixed appointment:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3917.html

As for the rest of the route, I recommend to start with Fushimi Inari in southern Kyoto, then visit Kodaiji (any reason you are skipping the more spectacular nearby Kiyomizudera?) and then walk to Gion for dinner.

from the train station how to get to is there any night attraction in osaka?

Universal Studio is a 15-30 minute train ride from the nighlife districts of Osaka.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread