Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Christmas / New Year visit 2008/8/23 13:41
I am planning a trip to Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Fuk, Beppu, Nagasaki) after X'mas. I plan to arrive on Dec 26 and leave on Jan 7. Do you know when the stores and resturant will be closed? Will there be shopping and places to go eat? Will some stores open?I just don't want to get there and not be able to do anything (except for enjoying the New Year festivals with the fine Japanese folks). Thanks.
by Greentea Lover  

... 2008/8/24 10:25
Do you know when the stores and resturant will be closed?

Most shops and restaurants will be open everyday except on January 1. Some are even open on January 1. Some smaller stores might have additional individual closing days, such as January 2-3.

Will there be shopping and places to go eat?

The only critical day is January 1, when many shops and restaurants are closed. Then, you can find food in hotels, stations and some larger shopping centers, which remain open on the 1st.

But on most of the other days, you should have little problems to find open shops and food.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread