Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1st october 2008 2008/8/26 15:25
hi uji, i really confused about the route in japan.
i will travel on 1st oct to 10th oct.
Please correct my iternary:
Day 1
singapore-tokyo
reach narita 3pm
proceed to sakura hotel and visit tsukiji market, shibuya, ikebukuro.
Day2 8AM depart from
Tokyo-Mt.Fuji to Hakone(kawaguchiko.st-fujikyu bus 1hr-gotemba.st-togendai Odakyu bus 30mins)
Hakone-kyoto (via odawara)
cruise on lake ashi&Mt.komagatake ropeway
should i buy hakone free pass?? is JR not included? Sorry i'm so confused.
please recommend how to get to those places specifically by JR 7days pass and is it enough time to explore above places in a day?is that possible to stay overnight at kyoto or hakone?

Day3
Hakone-odawara station-Kyoto (3hrs15mins)
Explore kyoto imperial palace, kodai-ji temple, fushimi-Inari Taisha,gion then overnight at kyoto
is this route convinience? or is there any recomended convinience route for us within exploration of those places?

Day4
Kyoto-Osaka (1/2hr)
explore universal studio
overnight at osaka (shin-osaka hotel)
from the train station how to get to is there any night attraction in osaka?

Day5
Osaka -Tokyo
osaka castle, himeji castle, umeda sky building, hard rock cafe.

Day6
Tokyo - Disneyland whole day

Day7
Tokyo - Kamakura Station- Yokohama Station

Day 8,9
Have no idea (probably go arround tokyo for shopping)
can you recommend what about takajima??places to go during october?

Day 10
back to singapore

I never been to japan and what i heard its not easy to go arround, and i am very scared. Please help me ;-p
by ling  

... 2008/8/27 08:32
reach narita 3pm
proceed to sakura hotel and visit tsukiji market, shibuya, ikebukuro.

If you reach Narita at 3pm, you won't be reaching central Tokyo until at least 5pm, possibly 6pm. Tsukiji Market closes down after around noon.

Day 2 is too crowded, especially if you continue to Kyoto in the evening. You would be spending almost more time on board of buses and trains than actually sightsee. If you have only one day, I recommend to visit just one place: Hakone OR Kawaguchiko.

should i buy hakone free pass??

Yes, I recommend to use the Hakone Free Pass and replace Komagatake Ropeway by Hakone Ropeway (because the former is not covered by and only difficult to access with the Hakone Free Pass).

is JR not included?

No, the Hakone Free Pass does not cover any JR transportation.

So, my recommendation for day 2 is to start in Tokyo, visit only Hakone by doing the round course and then possibly continue to Kyoto in the evening. About the round course:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5210.html

is this route convinience? or is there any recomended convinience route for us within exploration of those places?

I answered this question before!

from the train station how to get to is there any night attraction in osaka?

I answered this question before!
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks, help me more plz 2008/8/27 10:44
i'm doing my research on japan and have not sleep for the past 24hrs.
i changed my iternary as follow:
Day 2
Tokyo - Odawara (buy free hakone pass 2days) Hakone yumoto - lake ashi - hakone ropeway - togendai - gotemba - kawaguchiko -5th station of MT.Fuji
1. i read from previous forum it would be very packed if i start the trip at hakone to mt.fuji instead the other way round, so which one is actually best route from tokyo to this both hakone and mt.fuji and then continue to osaka
because from mt.fuji to osaka takes about 4 hours right? whereas from hakone to osaka takes about 3hrs?

2. i also saw the receommended hotel at the forum 'ogawasou'ryokan. as it is in japanese version could you please tell me how long it would take to kawaguchiko station?

arigatho..uji san..
thanks Mr.Uji
by ling rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/28 12:43
Packing Hakone and Kawaguchiko into a single day will be packed regardless of the order in which you visit the two places. However, if you continue to Kyoto/Osaka on the next day, then it would be slightly more efficient to visit Kawaguchiko before Hakone.

In any case, I don't recommend to visit both places in a single day, although it can be done.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks again 2008/8/28 12:56
thanks again uji.

will keep u posted after experience japan.
by melly rate this post as useful

SPecial discount JR EAST PASS 2008/8/29 13:50
I commend IF you go to JAPAN Oct because special ticket start oct !
JR EASt pass.
Miyagi prefecter 2,7060
10,000yen dicount price
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pdf/pamph_sendai_dc.pdf
by izuyumiko rate this post as useful

thanks so much izuyumiko 2008/9/1 05:17
thanks so much izuyumiko, all japanese people are very nice :)

JR on sale 2008/9/1 05:35
sorry i'm liltle bit confused again.
is it all the routes that i will travell on october included on JR EASt pass?? or
Miyagi prefecter??

i really confused about the japan territory/area despite japan is so big and never have ending to explore :)

please let me know. thanks

too much 2008/9/1 08:45
I agree with Uji- trying to fit Hakone and Kawaguchi-ko into one day is not a good idea, and then going to Kyoto or Osaka in the same dau- you will never make it. Usually 2 days is recommended for just the Hakone circuit by itself.

Also Hakone is further south, so you would want to be leaving for Kyoto from that side of Mt. Fuji, not Kawaguchi-ko on the north side.

I really think you are underestimating the distances and how long it will take to travel. Also remember that it is quite possible you won't see Mt. Fuji at all as it is very often hidden behind clouds, except in the middle of winter.

If Mt. Fuji isn't visible, there isn't a lot to do in Kawaguchi-ko.
by Sira rate this post as useful

changed itenary 2008/9/11 19:34
hi guys,
i realized that after read this forum.
i have changed the itenary and decided to go hakone for one day and back to tokyo at night. and then continue tokyo to osaka the next morning.

Can i ask further about the JR pleasE?
the discounted JR for 10thousand yen for 3days can we actually use it on bellow route? or its better to use 7days cost 28,300yen??
And also can we purchase the JR pass in the airport? can we get the discount too? how about buying outside japan?can we get the discount too?
we are travelling 4persons
Day 1
Narita-tokyo (by suica card)
Day2
Tokyo - hakone (day tour)
Day3
Tokyo-Osaka
Osaka castle, himeji castle, umeda sky building, hard rock cafe
Day 4
Universal Studio OSAKA
Day 5
Osaka-Kyoto
Day 6
Tokyo city
Day 7
Tokyo Disneyland
Day 8
Tokyo - Kamakura Station- Yokohama Station
Day 9
Tokyo Shopping
Day 10
Back to singapore

please help...
thank you again

JR Pass 2008/9/12 01:42
"can we purchase the JR pass in the airport? can we get the discount too? how about buying outside japan?can we get the discount too?
we are travelling 4persons"

You can't purchase the JR Pass at the airport. You have to buy it outside Japan. For discount, you can visit this website @ http://nta.sg/ntasin/index.php (you have missed the 5% discount during the natas fair in Aug using the flyer, but call & check with them as i understand there's 2% or 3% discount for pur of 4JR Passes) Good Luck!

by goldfish rate this post as useful

reply to this thread