Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn in Kyoto & Osaka 2008/8/26 19:09
Hi can anyone give advice, which Toyoko Inn in Kyoto is better and also in Osaka. They have so many, im abit confused as to which to choose from.

If ive 1.5 days in Kyoto and 1.5 days in Osaka. Do i stay in Kyoto?
by MoMo  

Stay? 2008/8/27 10:08
Hi Momo
Can you say what you wish to do in both Kyoto and Osaka
to let people give advice?.
It can change where the say to stay.
Kiwi
by Kiwi rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/27 12:02
for Kyoto, the main attractions i wish to visit Kinkakuji and Kiyomizu Temple and any other sightseeing

for Osaka, i wish to visit Shinsaibashi, Dotombori and Universal Studio
by MoMo rate this post as useful

Osaka or? 2008/8/27 16:27
with only 3 days total just stay in either Kyoto or Osaka. they are very close to one another by frequent trains. AND SKIP Universal studios as they are silly rides inspired from some of the worse USA movies ever made. There are so many great things to see in Japan instead!
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/27 17:26
In Kyoto, the best placed of the three locations is the Shijo Karasuma location:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00053/index.html

The problem is, this is the first one to sell out.

After that Gojo Karasuma and then Shijo Omiya. If you have problems with Kyoto, try the Namba location in Osaka:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00054/index.html

This is the best location for Shinsaibashi and Dotombori. The thing to do with Toyoko Inn is try to book as soon as rooms are released to the general customer (three months in advance for the the first night) and hope that they haven't all been grabbed by 4&5 club card holders.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/27 17:44
gosh you are right. All three branches at Kyoto have been snapped up! now the only available is Osaka Nanba....

Toyoko Inn in Kyoto 2008/8/27 18:09
when the TOyoko Inn website for reservation say : Some room are still available but the reserve button is off? how do i book these room?

. 2008/8/27 18:12
What are the dates you are looking for? It may be that it is more than three months away.

Toyoko Inn in Kyoto & Osaka 2008/8/27 18:19
Im looking for checkin Oct 24 to check out on Oct 28

. 2008/8/27 19:00
Only double room is available for general booking on the dates you require, is this OK? It is the saturday night that is the problem. Some other rooms are reserved for loyalty card holders.

You need to enter the check-in date, and number of nights in the first section of the reservation page and click the "Search" button. It will return what is available. You can then click "General Guest" to continue with the booking.

Shin Osaka 2008/8/27 21:05
I reccomend Toyoko Inn at Shin Osaka. There are two just 5' walk from the station and it is very convenient to travel to Kyoto. I have stayed there a number of times.
by Rod rate this post as useful

. 2008/12/11 00:27
I recommend Toyoko-inn Shijo Karasuma. Hotel is conveniently located to the shopping alleys of Teramachi, nishiki market etc.. Shijo Karasuma St is one of the main shopping area.
by Rk rate this post as useful

also having problems 2008/12/11 05:25
I am also having problems with the Toyoko-inn website. I am coming from Australia in March & April & want to join their membership program. Is it worth it? Everytime I go and check the website it keeps saying underconstruction. Any suggestions? My friend stayed at the Shin-osaka inn and said it was fine. The rooms are small but fine. Does anyone else know if I book the business twin can I stay in the 1 room with my 3 children (ages 9, 4 and 1)?
by deaks1999 rate this post as useful

Toyoko Inn 2008/12/11 13:59
I suggest you just stay in Toyoko Inn near Shin-Osaka Station.

You can use both JR Kyoto Line for going to Kyoto and Subway Midosuji Line for going to the heart of Osaka City.

by ideru rate this post as useful

whats with these hotels? 2008/12/18 15:14
whats soo great about these hotel
by steve rate this post as useful

... 2008/12/18 15:21
They are cheap, convenient, have good amenities, and have an english online reservation system.

Also, the chain is found in nearly every large city in the country with very good locations.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

.... 2008/12/30 19:39
..and free japanese breakfast
by Leopaul rate this post as useful

reply to this thread