Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2D tour in Kyoto 2008/9/5 12:24
Hi,

I have worked out 2D kyoto tour itinerary but I'm lost as in should I purchase City Bus All-day Pass or some other passes instead?

1 - Does City Bus All-day Pass includes travel on Raku Buses? I have been reading other posts but I'm unsure about this issue.

2 - Can someone advise which [ba]pass should I buy for my 2D tour in Kyoto as shown below ,the [ba]best route to get to the attractions as mentioned and also the [ba]bus duration & fares?

Day 1

Start from Ginkaku-ji Temple to Shimogamo-jinja Shrine to Kamigamo-jinja Shrine to Kinkaku-ji Temple to Kyoto Tower

Day 2

Start from Tenryu-ji Temple to Nijo-jo Castle to Kiyomizu-dera Temple to Gion to Yasaka Shrine(optional)

I will be in Kyoto from 7 to 8 Oct.

Would greatly appreciate any kind souls that could provide as detailed information as possible!! Arigato!
by daphne  

... 2008/9/10 10:49
Does City Bus All-day Pass includes travel on Raku Buses?

Yes!

Ginkaku-ji Temple to Shimogamo-jinja Shrine

It is a short bus ride (about 5-10 minutes) by bus 102, 203 or 17 from Ginkakuji-michi to Demachi-yanagi-ekimae. On foot it takes about 25 minutes plus some walking between the bus stops and the sights.

from Shimogamo Shrine to Kamigamo-jinja Shrine

Bus 4. About 15 minutes.

Kamigamo-jinja Shrine to Kinkaku-ji Temple

Bus 46 to Senbon Kitaoji (about 10 minutes), then walk about 10 minutes (or take bus 101, 102, 12, 59, 204, 205 or 206 for just one stop).

Kinkakuj to Kyoto Tower

Kyoto Tower is just next to Kyoto Station. By bus, take, bus line 101 or 205 direct. I personally prefer to travel by bus and subway via Kitaoji to prevent eventual traffic jams.

Tenryu-ji Temple to Nijo-jo Castle

Arashiyama is outside the central Kyoto area that is covered by the one-day bus pass.

I would take the JR Sagano Line from Saga-Arashiyama to Nijo Station, anyways.

Nijo-jo to Kiyomizu-dera Temple

I recommend to take the subway to Higashiyama and then bus 100, 202 or 206 to Kiyomizu-michi.

From Kiyomizudera to Gion to Yasaka Shrine(optional)

I recommend to walk from Kiyomizudera through the pleasant Higashiyama district to Yasaka Shrine and into Gion. Without stops, it takes 20-30 minutes. With stops, it can take several hours.
by Uji rate this post as useful

further enquiries 2008/9/10 11:53
Kinkakuj to Kyoto Tower

Kyoto Tower is just next to Kyoto Station. By bus, take, bus line 101 or 205 direct. I personally prefer to travel by bus and subway via Kitaoji to prevent eventual traffic jams.

Qn: May I know which bus serve the route from Kinkakuji to Kitaoji station?

Tenryu-ji Temple to Nijo-jo Castle

Arashiyama is outside the central Kyoto area that is covered by the one-day bus pass.

Qn: Is there a typo error? Because from the website I saw that Arashiyama is not covered in City Bus All-day Pass.
by daphne rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/10 13:29

Qn: Is there a typo error? Because from the website I saw that Arashiyama is not covered in City Bus All-day Pass.

I don't think that's a typo: Arashima is outside of the area covered by the bus pass = Arashima is not covered by the bus pass, which is what you're saying too, isn't it?
by Katy rate this post as useful

further enquiries 2008/9/10 14:24
Oh My!! I misinterpret Uji sentence.

thanks Katy =D

further enquiries 2008/9/10 14:26
I just strike off the mistake that I made due to misinterpretation.

Here my only question for the time being..

Kinkakuj to Kyoto Tower

Qn: May I know which bus serve the route from Kinkakuji to Kitaoji station?

Thank you to any kind souls in advance!

... 2008/9/10 17:49
101, 102, 204 and 205. You can look it up yourself here:
http://www.city.kyoto.lg.jp/kotsu/cmsfiles/contents/0000019/...
by Uji rate this post as useful

A Big Thank You!! 2008/9/12 10:17
Thanks Uji =D

reply to this thread