Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Style Room (8 mats) 2008/9/6 23:24
Hi,

I am booking my accomodations in Hokkadio and come across rooms classified as Japanese Style Room (8 mats) and the number of mats varies. What does that mean and what is the difference?

Thank you!
by Calador  

... 2008/9/7 11:32
The size of rooms is often expressed in tatami mats. One tatami mat roughly corersponds to 2 square meters.

The more mats, the bigger and more expensive is the room.
by Uji rate this post as useful

how to masure the room size 2008/9/7 13:50
The size of a Japanese-style room is measured by the number of tatami mats, using the counter word jō (). Typical sizes are six or eight tatami mats in a private home. There are also half-sized mats, as in a 4.5 tatami room.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washitsu
by Ts rate this post as useful

Narita to Haneda 2008/9/8 13:34
Thank you Uji and Ts.

I am arriving on 2 Oct at Narita at 0730 and my connecting flight from Haneda to Kushiro is at 1500. Need your advise:

a) Is there a service where I can send my luggage to Haneda airport 1st?

b) Is it possible that I spend some time at downtown Tokyo during this transit time?

Thank you!
by Calador rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/8 22:06
a) Is there a service where I can send my luggage to Haneda airport 1st?
I'm afraid not, maybe yes, probably no. You can send it directly to your hotel in Hokkaido.:)

b) Is it possible that I spend some time at downtown Tokyo during this transit time?
You will arrive in central tokyo around 10am and need to leave for Haneda airport at 13:30. You will have appro. 3 hours.

Rapid Express bound for Haneda airport departs at Shinagawa Station at 13:49 and will arrive at the airport at 14:04.

by Ts rate this post as useful

reply to this thread