Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kintetsu Rail Pass - Ltd Express 2008/9/7 09:09
Does anyone know how the 3 Limited Express Coupons/Tokens that come with a 5-day Kintetsu Rail Pass (3500 yen) work exactly?

I plan to use the pass to get from Kyoto to Nagoya (cheaply, but slowly) and according to Hyperdia:

Kyoto - Yamatoyagi - Nagoya (all via Kintetsu Ltd Express)

My question: Would this involve using 1 Ltd Express coupon for the Kyoto-Yamatoyagi, and then another when I transfer to the ltd express train to Nagoya?

Or would Kyoto-Nagoya simply be one ltd express coupon for the whole way?
by googdot  

... 2008/9/7 11:51
Every separate limited expres train ride costs one coupon. So, when you travel between Nagoya and Osaka, you better take the direct "Urban Liner", which costs you only one coupon.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.. 2008/9/7 14:07
Since no direct Kintetsu train is available from Kyoto to Nagoya, you need to change the train at Yamatoyagi.

I highly advise you to take direct LTD Express from Yamatoyagi to Nagoya. But whether taking LTD Express from Kyoto to Yamatoyagi(45 mins, base fare 860yen, coupon 870yen) or Rapid train(1 hour, base fare 860yen, no coupon needed) is a matter of one's preference, I think.

base fare is covered by Kintetsu Rail Pass.

by Ts rate this post as useful

info from the official website 2008/9/7 14:21
Kintetsu website says they sell "one single coupon" if you tranfer the train "within 30 mins".

So one LTD Exress coupon(1850yen) is available if you plan to get to Yamatoyagi by one LTD Express and get on another LTD Express within 30 mins.

LTD coupon from Kyoto to Yamatoyagi : 870yen
LTD coupon from Yamatoyagi to Nagoya : 1560yen

Kintetsu website
http://www.kintetsu.co.jp/gyoumu/kippu/tokkyuuken/tokkyuuken...

by Ts rate this post as useful

reply to this thread