Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

climbing Mt Fuji in sep2008 2008/9/9 07:12
Hi,
I and my frnd are planning to climb Mt Fuji on coming sat i.e. 13-sep-2008.
Few queries are as follows:

1. we will take the fujinomiya route, as we live in hamamatsu, so it will be the nearest one. How can I find the information for the buses to 5th station in this season? ny contact number or so?
2. As per information, I have there are quite few persons climb in this season. Are there anybody else who is also planning to go on same date?
3. Is it preferrable to take a small tent for the night in case of showers and no shelter type of situation?
4. We will start climbing early in day and will make a stop at 8th or 9th station till next climb for sunrise. which is better to stay 8th or 9th station in this season?

Thanks to all in advance.
kind regards,
JD
by Jatinder  

... 2008/9/9 10:29
There are no buses to the Fujinomiya 5th Station in the off season. Only Kawaguchiko 5th Station is still served by buses. Here are the timetables:
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/fuji.html

Be careful with tents, as they (and inhabitants) can literally be blown away by strong winds. I think somebody died like that last year.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Taxi...??? 2008/9/9 19:44
Thankyou Uji san,
Is it possible to take a taxi??(again considering the fujinomiya route)

and for the return trip taxi will be required to book before going or it can be arranged after descending also.

kawaguchiko will be farther to us, or is it better to chosse that route in comparision to fujinomiya?
by jatinder rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/10 08:57
Is it possible to take a taxi??(again considering the fujinomiya route)

Yes, I think so.

and for the return trip taxi will be required to book before going or it can be arranged after descending also.

You probably would have to call one and possibly pay a surcharge.

The cost will be considerable. It might actually come cheaper (and more convenient) to rent a car for two days:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2024.html

kawaguchiko will be farther to us, or is it better to chosse that route in comparision to fujinomiya?

Without your own transportation, the Kawaguchiko route is the route to select. But even there, buses do not operate frequently.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread