Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mangattan Liner (Sendai-Ishinomaki) 2008/9/9 17:54
Hi, JR announced the information of special event train called ' Mangattan Liner' between Sendai and Ishinomaki which running dates are Sat. and Sun. from Oct. 1 - Dec. 28.
I'd appreciate if anyone could help me on the following queries.

1. The timetable of this train. Do I have to reserve it in advance ?
2. Is the JR 7-days pass valid for this train ?
3. Is the JR Sengoku and JR Senseki the different or the same JR line ?

Thanks.
by Ton  

... 2008/9/10 09:08
running dates are Sat. and Sun. from Oct. 1 - Dec. 28.

According to my understanding, they are already running on Saturdays and Sundays, and will continue to do so until November 30. This information is as of mid August, so there might have been a decision to extend it.

The timetable of this train.

10:07 12:57 Aobadori
10:08 12:58 Sendai
11:12 14:12 Ishinomaki

Do I have to reserve it in advance ?

Seat reservations are not possible!

Is the JR 7-days pass valid for this train ?

Yes.

Is the JR Sengoku and JR Senseki the different or the same JR line ?

There is no such line called Sengoku. The line is called Senseki Line and it is a JR line.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks ... 2008/9/10 09:35
Thanks Uji.

The extension of service may be part of the Sendai-Miyagi Destination Campaign.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/sendai-dc/index.html

For the JR Sengoku, it might be a typo error of the info. from a web site. It said

"Also, on weekends and national holidays, the special train "Mangattan Liner" is operated between Ishinomaki Station, Sendai Station and Aobadoori Station on JR Sengoku Line. The cars on the train are painted with manga characters, inside and outside. Ishinomaki is full of themes related to manga. Please visit the "World of Manga, Ishinomaki" soon."
by Ton rate this post as useful

reply to this thread