Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need advise on revised Itinerary 2008/9/9 21:44
Hi, would this revised itinerary ok? I would only bring a school backpack size & do my souvenir shopping in Tokyo.

Day 1 - Arrive in KIX at 7.40 am, using 2 days Kansai Thru Pass continue to Kyoto. Leave bag at ryokan (Ikoi no Ie, good ryokan?). Visit Kinkajuji, Ryoanji, Mibu Village (Shinsengumi related). If there's time visit Nijo Castle & Nishi Honganji. (If not on day 2)

Day 2 - Visit Heian Shrine, Gion, Kiyomizudera & Kodaiji.

Day 3 Kyoto - Using JR East Pass early 7 am go to Fushimi Inari Shrine (not going to hike the full trail) & quick visit to Teradaya Inn (if possible). Then head to Himeji Castle. By Shinkansen to Tokyo (can I catch the 1 or 2 pm train?).

Day 3 Tokyo - Using Suica. Upon arrival leave bag at Jimbocho Sakura Hotel, Chiyodaku (good choice?). Visit Shinjuku or Shibuya.

Day 4 - Using Tobu World Heritage Pass to Nikko. Visit the 3 main temple there then back to Tokyo. Visit Shinjuku or Shibuya.

Day 5 - Visit Hino, Harajuku, Asakusa & quick look on Akihibara. Take Yurikamome to Odaiba (only to catch the view) or should I better go to Roppongi?

Day 6 - Go home to Jakarta.

I'll be either going on the last week of Sept 2009 or mid Apr 2010. Also, I think I could extend the trip for 1 day if necessary.

Anyone ever stay at Ikoi no ie-Kyoto or Jimbocho Sakura Hotel-Tokyo? I've search for some reviews on the net... but too many different opinions. Any other place to be recommended? My budget is around 5000 yen (tax included) per person per night.

Thank you in advance.
by Juliana  

... 2008/9/10 09:13
The JR East Pass does not cover Kyoto and the Tokaido Shinkansen between Kyoto and Tokyo!
by Uji rate this post as useful

wrong posting 2008/9/10 10:20
Ups.. wrong pass... should be JR West Pass right? for the trip to Himeji & Fushimi Inari Shrine.
I'll buy a separate shinkansen ticket for Kyoto-Tokyo...
by Juliana rate this post as useful

reply to this thread