Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR east pass + Itinerary 2008/9/10 19:04
Does anyone please check this itinerary and JR east pass will cover ? I want to use a JR east pass Flexible 4-day for my 7 day trip.

Day 1(JR east pass) : Narita - Matsumoto
- Start to use from Narita (Narita express) - Shinjuku (Chuo Line Azusa Limited Express) - Matsumoto

Day 2(JR east pass) : Matsumoto - Tateyama Korobe alpine - Toyama - Tokyo(Ueno)
- Matsumoto ( JR Oito line) - Shinano-omachi - Tateyama Kurobe alpine - Toyama (LTD.EXP Hakutaka + shinkansen max toki ) - Tokyo (Ueno)

Day 3(Kamakura Enoshima Free Kippu ) : Kamakura 1 day
- Could I start the free Kippu from Ueno station ?

Day 4(world heritage pass) : Nikko 1 day

Day 5(JR east pass) : Tokyo (Ueno) - Kakunodate - Hirosaki
- Ueno (JR Akita Shinkansen Line) - Kakunodate (shinkansen komaxchi +LTD.EXP Kamoshika) - Hirosaki

Day 6(JR east pass) : Hirosaki - Tokyo (Ueno)
- Hirosaki (LTD.EXP Tsugaru ) - Hachinohe (shinkansen Hayate )- Tokyo(Ueno)

Day 7 : Tokyo sightseeing + shopping
Day 8 : Tokyo sightseeing - go home.

Thank you very much.
by nun0219  

... 2008/9/10 23:08
On day 2, the section from Toyama to Naoetsu on the Hakutaka limited express is not covered by the JR East Pass. You would have to pay a supplement of around 4000 yen.

And as you probably know, the Kurobe-Alpine Route between Shinano-Omachi and Toyama is not covered either.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank so much Uji 2008/9/11 00:07
I serch from hyperdia from Toyama to Ueno , must change to SHINKANSEN MAX TOKI at Echigoyuzawa station. Like this case , is JR east pass cover?

And another question about Kamakura free kippu. Can I activate from Ueno station?
by nun0219 rate this post as useful

,,, 2008/9/11 07:47
must change to SHINKANSEN MAX TOKI at Echigoyuzawa station. Like this case , is JR east pass cover?

Yes, the JR East Pass covers the entire journey between Naoetsu, Echigo-Yuzawa and Tokyo, but not the section between Toyama and Naoetsu.

And another question about Kamakura free kippu. Can I activate from Ueno station?

Yes, it is available for use from Ueno Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread