Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

koyasan- Henjokoin 2008/9/13 01:09
Hello,

We wanted to know if anyone has stayed in Henjokoin-Koyasan? Is it a nice temple? If we won't take dinner, will we able to find it outside the temple? What about Haryoin? We wanted to stay at Shojoshin but it is quite expensive…does anyone have other recommendations to accommodation up to 150$
by Rinat  

henjokoin 2008/9/20 21:56
anyone?
by Rinat rate this post as useful

Stayed at Hariyo. 2008/9/20 23:43
Hey, I stayed at Hariyoin in June of this year. It is a cosy and nice place, but it is the cheapest of all of the temple stays in Koyasan and it shows. Really its like staying in a ryokan, it's traditional, but it's not anywhere near as authentic or traditional as you'd expect.

You could if you wanted to get dinner from somewhere outside Haryo-in if you don't order the dinner there. The options are small though, there are no large restuarants there. In all seriousness though, eating the monk food is one of the best ways to experience the life of people who live on Koyasan. If you aren't going to order the food and you are only staying at Hariyoin, then I'd suggest you save yourself some money and just book into the Koyasan Youth Hostel. I've stayed there as well and its also very traditional for a Youth Hostel.

Hope this helps.
by Cicero rate this post as useful

reply to this thread