Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Utoro & Rausu 2008/9/13 15:44
Anyone who can help me on the following:
1) I will be staying at Dolphin Hotel in Shiretoko Utoro, should I be taking the cruise from Utoro? I would like to take the
Siretokomisaki Cruise.

2) Is there differences in sightings between Shiretokomisaki Cruise & Siretokomisaki Cruise?

3) I will drive to Rausu and would like to stay at Rausukuru Pension, they have the same cruise promotion - has anyone try yet?

4) I have try calling Rausukuru Pension, but they speak Japanese. Anyone can help me on how to make the reservation?

Thank you and appreciate your reply

Regards,
Cheyenne
by Cheyenne  

... 2008/9/13 21:35
I will be staying at Dolphin Hotel in Shiretoko Utoro, should I be taking the cruise from Utoro?

It is a nice cruise. If you like cruises and have the time, I recommend to join:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6852.html

2) Is there differences in sightings between Shiretokomisaki Cruise & Siretokomisaki Cruise?

Same cruise. Different romanization. But there are two different companies. One with a big boat. One with a small boat. The small boats are quicker and more flexible. They can enter small bays, while the big boat just tucks along the coast.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Try email 2008/9/19 02:57
The owner of the Rausukuru Pension also runs the Godzilla-iwa Kanko (Gojiraiwakankou) boats. Their email is gojiraiwakankou soleil.ocn.ne.jp

You might try sending a very simple email with separate lines for dates and the number of people such as:

Rausukuru Pension

Reservations:
3 nights
01/08/2009 - 01/11/2009
2 persons
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2008/9/19 14:05
Thank Uji & Anaguma! At least now I have an alternative :)
by Cheyenne rate this post as useful

reply to this thread