Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arrving in Osaka October for 7 days 2008/9/15 08:52
Can anyone suggest an itinerary. I dont want to do Tokyo but I do want to go to Hiroshima and Kyoto. I am female travelling on my own. Quite like a walk in there somewhere in the hills / mountains and hot springs:-) Thanks
by Sarah  

... 2008/9/15 10:20
Pick based on your interests:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623a.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Koya-san 2008/9/15 11:39
A good day-trip from Osaka is Koya-san, better still if you can afford to stay overnight in one of the temples in the mt.
by William rate this post as useful

walking in the hills 2008/9/15 12:52
Kobe has both hills (mountain actually) and onsen! from downtown take the rope way (cable car)to Mt Rokko then, from there,take another cable car to Arima.You can walk around Mt Rokko and around Arima. Check: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3557.html
You can-should-go from Miyajima island from Hiroshima and walk around this peaceful island. There is of course the walk up and down a mountain under 10 000 torii in Kyoto Fushimi Inari shrine.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

The top destinations of Japan 2008/9/15 13:39
my suggested itinerary to you :)
-3 days in Kyoto
-3 days in Osaka, including daytrip to Nara & Himeji
-1 day in Hiroshima & Miyajima

by Ts rate this post as useful

Didn't like Osaka much 2008/9/16 22:10
Just wanted to throw in my few thoughts... I was in Osaka in 2006 and found it to be the lowlight of the trip, granted my ankle was busted too at the time so that didn't help! I'd modify the previous poster and check out both Nara and Himeji from Kyoto, although Himeji's sole claim to fame that I know of is the castle so if your not into them you can pass on that. You might also want to check out Nagoya... I'm visiting there in October a bit as there seems to be quite a bit in that area that I found interesting. Hope you have a great time whatever you decide. :)
by TerryD rate this post as useful

reply to this thread