Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to go to Yokohama from Hakone? 2008/9/18 13:49
On my return trip to Tokyo from Hakone with my Hakone Free Pass (2 days), I want to stop and visit Yokohama. Do I have to take JR Tokaido Line from Odawara station? Is that included in Hakone Free Pass?
by NuNi  

... 2008/9/18 16:42
If you use the Hakone Free Pass, you must take Odakyu Railways from Hakone to Yokohama. This line does not go via Yokohama.

If you want to go via Yokohama, you would need to take the JR Tokaido Line, which is not covered by the Hakone Free Pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/18 22:12
**On my return trip to Tokyo from Hakone with my Hakone Free Pass (2 days), I want to stop and visit Yokohama. Do I have to take JR Tokaido Line from Odawara station? Is that included in Hakone Free Pass?**

You might purchase a 2-day Hakone Free Pass originating at Odawara for 3,900 yen.

http://www.odakyu.jp/english/center/index.html

Then catch the Odakyu Line from Shinjuku by purchasing an individual ticket to Odawara which is connected to Hakone Tozan Line ride on the Free Pass in terms of train travel from Tokyo to Hakone.

On the inbound trip, purchase a JR ticket from Odawara to Yokohama for 950 yen. Then again buy a ticket to the destination in Tokyo again when you are finished with a Yokohama session.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread