Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A translation request, please. 2008/9/18 21:15
Sorry, I know you guys get 100's of these but....

I was wondering if I could get these two phrases translated, in romaji if it's possible. Thank you

The first is 1000 weeping cherry blossoms, or something similar... I think 1000 cherry blossoms is senbonzakura, I'm just not sure how to add that they're weeping.

The second is "Goddess of the liquid moon"

Thank you very much
by stargazer  

... 2008/9/21 00:12
Anyone?
by stargazer rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/21 00:27
The difficulty is that "senbonzakura" is a standing phrase for "a thousand cherry TREES." "Weeping cherry (trees)" is a kind of cherry trees with branches hanging low, like willows, and is called "shidarezakura." If you put those together, you get "senbon no shidarezakura," which plainly says "a thousand weeping cherry trees." (not blossoms, but trees). Is that OK?

About the second one, please be more specific what you want to say....
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/21 06:14
Thank you, the translation is perfect!

As for the second one, that is exactly what I want to say.

"Goddess of the liquid moon"

I'm not too sure how you would describe a liquid moon though...

I can ask if the person that asked me to have it translated has another way to say it though, if that helps.

Thank you
by stargazer rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/21 11:02
Well I know in English you do say "liquid moon," but the word "liquid" in Japanese suddenly sounds too much like physics - the three phases of solid, liquid, and gases lol, and loses that sense of poetry :)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread