Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Convenient Toyoko Inn's near Akihabara? 2008/9/19 00:53
Hello again,

I will be staying with a friend in Warabi (off the Keihin Tohoku line) in Saitama for a time in Tokyo, but for a few nights I am considering staying at a Toyoko Inn for basic needs. Which would be the closest to Akihabara?

Is it the Uguisudani eki-mae one?
http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00135/index.html

Or is there another you would recommend?

Thanks again, community.
by Decker  

. 2008/9/19 08:36
That is the nearest Toyoko Inn location to Akihabara via the Yamanote line, which would also be useful to getting to other areas of Tokyo. I have not stayed at that location, I will say that I find the station a bit of a pain, it is a long walk from the platforms to station exit. The area itself features a lot of love hotels and entertainment joints.

I personally prefer the Otsuka #2 location a little further west, also on the yamanote line.

Another possible location is Asakusa Senzoku:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00012/index.html

It is one of the earlier Toyoko Inns and the rooms are a little bigger than the newer ones. It is about 5 minutes walk from the new Tukuba express line, which terminates at Akihabara. Journey time is just 5 minutes and Akihabara is the second stop.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

@RobBeer 2008/10/5 02:47
Thanks RobBeer. What's the surrounding area like? It sounds like it's easy to get to Akiba there and would be a new area for me to get to.

Yeah, I would rather not be in a busy area with love hotels and such :) A good night's sleep is all I want.
by Decker rate this post as useful

Asakusa 2008/10/5 14:06
That area of Asakusa is not touristy and gives a fairly good idea of how the average Tokyoiite live. It has lots of charm in a low key, no nonsense kind of way.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/5 15:13
For a little cheaper, the Oak Hotel (if you check rakuten you can get for around 6,000 a night) near Ueno Station is also on the Inaricho Station which is around the corner, of the Ginza line and gives good access to Akihabara (either by walking to JR Ueno or taking the Ginza Line from Inaricho Station to Suehirochō).

I stayed there before, small but clean quiet place.

The area around the Oak Hotel is your regular mix of small businesses and residential area (a bit from the main street). Gets a little busier the closer you walk to Ueno Station, but generally quiet at night.

Again its right around the corner from Inaricho Station on the Ginza Line (2 stops from Suehirochō Station which is gives access to Akihabara).
You got better access from here out of most of the Toyoko Inns, since your on the Ginza Line. The Asakusa Senzoku uses the Tsukuba Express which does connect Akihabara, but it is a bit out there.
by John rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2008/10/5 15:25
Thanks Jon! TripAdvisor reviews of the Oak seem favorable. I'll look into it (I've used Rakuten before, too).
by Decker rate this post as useful

reply to this thread