Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sakura in Mid April 2008/9/19 22:24
I will be travelling to Japan on next April 10th to 25th. I saw the blooming date of the Sakura during the past few years and I realised its end March and early April. I am just wondering if I can still can to see sakura in mid april in Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Osaka. I know to see the full bloom is not possible but can I still see at least a little of it in Mid April? Thanks and cheers^_^
by Aud75  

... 2008/9/20 08:19
Congratulations on being the first person this year to ask a question about the upcoming cherry blossom season!

If 2009 is an exceptionally late blooming year, there is a chance that even the "mainstream" cherry blossoms will still be in bloom in mid April. If not, you can see some more exotic late blooming varieties, although it is not the same.

If the season happens to be over in Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima, then you could likely make a side trip to a city or spot outside of these cities, where the blossoms are still in bloom, e.g. Kanazawa.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Yoshino 2008/9/20 08:55
Yoshino is a good place to go for cherry blossom. There is a Sakura Festival on Apr. 11-12. We were there this Apr. and fully enjoyed the festive feel and the spectacular view on the mt. side. Yoshino is 80 min. on private Kintetsu rail line from Osaka.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4150.html
by William rate this post as useful

reply to this thread