Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese translation of a quote? 2008/9/20 15:50
The quote is:
''And when the Earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.''

The quote is originally in English and from the book The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. I know for a fact that this book has been translated into Japanese but am having trouble getting my hands on the actual book. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could get me the Japanese translation of this quote.
In the English version of the book, it is the last verse of the ''On Death'' section.

This is going to be on something for my father and I would like to inscribe it in Japanese.

I greatly appreciate you for taking the time to read this. =)
by Aberration  

My translation. 2008/9/21 02:13
H.M.

そして、肉体が土に返るとき、初めて魂は命を得る。

http://hm90017.angelfire.com
by hm90017 rate this post as useful

By Mieko Kamiya 2008/9/21 02:21
からだが土の中に横(よこた)わるとき
そのときこそあなたは真に踊るだろう

Karada ga tsuchi no nakani yokotawarutoki

Sonotoki koso anata ha shin ni odorudarou

"Utsuwa no uta" by Mieko Kamiya, 1989
by Y rate this post as useful

Mieko Kamiya? 2008/9/21 05:12
I'm sorry I'm confused on who Mieko Kamiya is. Is that the person who translated the book into Japanese? I'm looking for the actual translated quote from the book.
by Aberration rate this post as useful

Re: 2008/9/21 05:38
Mieko Kamiya translated ''The Prophet'' by Kahlil Gibran in her book called ''Utsuwa no uta'' published in 1989. The translation part that I posted earlier was incited from her book. Is that clear enough?
by Y rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/9/21 07:14
Yes, very clear. Thank you so very much. You have no idea how much I appreciate it! =)
by Aberration rate this post as useful

request for translated Gibran 2008/12/8 16:35
I am trying to find a copy of The Prophet translated into Japanese. I have been looking for Mieko Kamiya's translated copy (Utsu no Uta) but I cannot find it anywhere.

Does anyone have a copy this book or know of where I can get it?
by solly rate this post as useful

reply to this thread