Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

sugarfree/diet drinks & snacks 2008/9/25 10:40
Hi everyone!

quick question!

i'm coming to japan in nov-dec with my boyfriend, and he is diabetic,

i was wondering if you could suggest some names & brands of sugarfree/low sugar products, drinks, snacks, candy etc?

thank you!

by emma sara  

teas 2008/9/25 15:08
There isn't a huge range of diet drinks here, but there is a huge range of bottled teas which are all sugar-free- in fact they are calorie-free. If he likes green tea/oolong tea and similar he will have a lot of choice. If not, then mostly just Diet Coke and water.
by Sira rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/26 06:24
Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Spite Zero, Diet Pepsi, and Pepsi Nex (Max) are all available.

If you look for this 砂糖 (sugar) in the nutritional box found on many drinks and other food products, it should help to find suger free products.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

tansuikabutsu 2008/9/27 01:20
Also it's good to learn this word too:

炭水化物 (Tansuikabutu)

it means carbohydrate and that's how you'll see it on the nutrition label. Keep in mind (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), Japanese nutrition labels do not break out Sugar/Fiber in the total carbohydrates unlike here in the states.

As far as "snacks" go. A lot of gum/mints is made with Xylitol and is sugar free. A lot of convenience stores sell sausages as snacks in the refrigerated section. But unfortunately I've yet to find like a sugar free candy or chocolate over there :-/

by NYCBunny rate this post as useful

thank you! 2008/9/29 13:56
thanks for your help guys!

the teas sound good

and thanks for the advice about the nutritional infomation!

by emma sara rate this post as useful

reply to this thread