Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

work permit for student visa? 2008/9/25 21:03
I Just recently applied for student visa for stydying japanese next year in may. Im currently holding a working holiday visa, Im just wondering how long will it take for me to apply work permit?? I've also heard that students can work up to 28 hours a week.

Thanks a million..

by parv  

... 2008/9/26 05:53
The process typically takes between three weeks and three months.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/10 16:54
I don't recall the exact number of hours you can work on a student work visa, but it is 20-something. Maybe it is 28.

It took me just under a month to get mine 2 years ago, but as the previous poster said, it can take longer sometimes.

Note that during the school term, you may not be able to work. You need written permission from your school to work while attending classes, and many won't because ''it interferes with studies.'' I was only able to work during the break between terms.
by Chris rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/10 23:35
Generally speaking it is 4 hours a day 28 hours a week (4x7) and no you can't work 6 hours one day and 2 on another day that equals 28.

You can work during the school season, maybe it was different before, but thats why they have the 4 hour limitation.
by John rate this post as useful

What about in the holidays? 2008/12/8 12:15
What happens in the school holidays? Are you allowed to work normal hours? Is it written down somewhere to inform potential employers that its legal? thanks
by Louiaw rate this post as useful

holiday hours 2008/12/8 16:37
From what I've known, during any type of breaks and summer, you're allowed to work up to 40 hours. I don't know much if it's written down somewhere that you have to inform employers. To be honest, most employers won't even realize you need any type of work visa and will hire you regardless, as I have seen and read. But better take the safe road and check with your school and work.
by ruu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread