Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Rail Pass Purchase Question 2008/9/28 20:11
I am currently studying in Japan but later I will become a temporary visitor (once I leave the country and back). However, I will not be going back to the States. I was wondering if a friend of mine can purchase the JR Rail pass in the States and mail it to me? Thanks!
by Lee  

... 2008/9/28 21:43
Yes, you can get it mailed to you or buy it while outside of Japan:
http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en005.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

how to recieve JR Railpass by mail 2009/7/16 13:52
In response to Uji's answer about purchasing the JR rail pass and having it mailed to you. How do you get to the link to purchase and have it mailed to you from abroad? The link provided mentions eligiblity but doesn't specify on how to obtain one through mail. Can I have a friend purchase it from a travel agent in hawaii and then mail it to me? We would like to start from sasebo to yokosuka and then return back to sasebo. Thank you
by karen (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/16 14:39
Lee, where are you leaving to? Can you buy the voucher while you are "there" (Korea, China, whatever)??? It doesn't need to be America.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

a travel agent told me... 2009/7/16 14:46
i asked a travel agent that exact question and he told me no. the person using the pass must be present at time of purchase.
by akamai4u rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/17 11:11
Does the person buying the pass require to be present? I am not too sure about it.

I once bought a voucher for my friend and myself without the presence of my friend at an agency.
by lester (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread