Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

11 days Tokyo, Shirakawa, Kyoto, Osaka 2008/9/30 15:25
Hi guys,
I am planning for my Dec trip to Jpn. I need help to see if the route is fine and plan the transportations with JR 7 days pass.

Tokyo, Osaka , Kyoto, Shirakawa-go, Tokyo
2days, 3days , 2day , 2days ,2days
Or
Tokyo ,Shirakawa-go, Kyoto , Osaka ,Tokyo
2days , 2days , 3days, 2days ,2days

Things to do.

Osaka
Want to go universal and Himeji and Osaka aquarium.
Eat:
Shop:
Stay:

Kyoto
1st time going to Kyoto. Missed it the last time. Want to see and experience Kyoto. Any idea where is there best place to stay for tourist in kyoto?
Eat:
Shop:
Stay:

Shirakawa go
May go Takayama b4 Shirakawa-go. Any idea will it snow there in mid dec??
Stay:
Transport:

Nagoya/Takayama(pass-by may stay there)
May drop by Toyota?? or Honda?? any auto visit there?
I will pass-by Nagoya on the way to Shirakawa-go, may not stay.
Eat:
Shop:
Stay:

Tokyo
Going to Disney sea, Ghilbri, Sanrio, Tsukiji market (missed these 3 theme park the last time too) Will spend some Yen on more authentic Jap food. Any recomd for good food at resonable price in Toyko, Kyoto or Osaka?

still planning detail itinerary. Need help to max my JR pass so that I can use it to travel to those places in the itinerary. Oso need help to find accomd, transportation and good makan place. All commects are welcome. Thank you.
by zecage  

Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo 2008/10/12 15:00
I went to Japan in February this year and my trip included Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto.

In Tokyo I stayed at Annex Katsutaro Ryokan and in Kyoto at Ryokan Shimizu Inn. I found them both great, I stayed in Japanese style rooms that had futon beds and western bathrooms (you're own, not shared). They were both about 10 000 yen per night for 2 people.

Places to see in Kyoto that I enjoyed were Kikakuji, Kyomizudera and Fushimi Inari shrine.

Himeji Castle is well worth the 1 hour train ride to get there. It may look the same as Osaka castle from the outside but it is all original on the inside where as Osaka castle has be re-built fairly recently and is a museum inside.

I stayed a bit out of Osaka in a traditional Ryokan called Guesthouse Yougendo. It is between Osaka and Nara (which is also a good place to visit). It's a great place to stay for a real Japanese expereince

All the places to stay I mentioned have websites so check them out if you're interested.
by Erin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread