Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 days in kyoto 2008/9/30 16:02
Dear all,

I'm going to kyoto with my wife, arriving there on the 8th of october at night and departing on the 11th anytime towards osaka. That gives me 2 or 2 and a half days.
Can someone tell me how to better organize my time? The main attractions I would like to visit are the following, but i don't know if i'm being too ambitious, how to order them nor how to get from one to the next one. Thanks in advance for your help.

·Kinkaku-Ji
·Sanjusangen-do
·To-Ji
·Arashiyama & Sagano Area: Bamboo groves / Tenryu-ji ?Arasiyama monkey park
·Southern Hjigashiyama Walking tour: takes half a day: (Kiyomizu-dera, Kodai-Ji, Maruyama-koen (garden), Yasaka-Jinja, Gion, Chion-in, Shoren-In)
·Philosopher’s Walk (Ginkaku-Ji to Nanzen-Ji)
·Fushimi Inari Taisha
·Shimogamo-Jinja
·Pontocho

thanks a lot,

Ricardo
by Ricardo  

by area 2008/9/30 22:27
North Western Area
·Kinkaku-Ji
·Arashiyama & Sagano Area: Bamboo groves / Tenryu-ji ?Arasiyama monkey park

North Eastern Area
·Philosopher’s Walk (Ginkaku-Ji to Nanzen-Ji)
·Shimogamo-Jinja

South Eastern Area
·Sanjusangen-do
·Southern Hjigashiyama Walking tour: takes half a day: (Kiyomizu-dera, Kodai-Ji, Maruyama-koen (garden), Yasaka-Jinja, Gion, Chion-in, Shoren-In)
·Pontocho

South Area
·To-Ji
·Fushimi Inari Taisha

Kyoto Map
http://www.khulsey.com/travel/kyoto-map_lg.jpeg
by Ts rate this post as useful

2 days in kyoto 2008/10/6 13:14
Thanks a lot Ts. I think i'll go arashiyama/sagano, kinkaku-ji, shimogamo and philosopher's walk on the first day;
southern higashiyama walking tour, sanjusangendo, fushimi inari and to-ji on the 2nd day
Do you think it's too much? or should I re-arrange it differently? what order do you recommend for the activities of each day and how do you get from one point to another? If there's still space for something else, please recommend as I've no idea, it's my first time in japan! Thanks a lot!
by Ricardo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread