Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka + Side Trips Itinerary 2008/10/2 16:07
Is this itinerary too aggressive for 1st time Kansai travelers? Should I extend one more day? Will utilize both JR West pass and Kansai Thru Pass.

Day 1
Arrive Itami @ 1955
Osaka Airport Limousine to Namba Station (Cross Hotel Osaka)
Dontobori (Minami)

Day 2
O Sumiyoshi Taisha
O Osaka Castle
O Umeda Sky Building
H Himeiji Castle
Ko Meriken Park
Ko Kobe Steak Restaurant Royal Mouriya
Ko Mosaic Kobe Harborland

Day 3
N Nara Park (Todajii, Nara Daibutsu, Kofukuji, Kasuga Shrine)
Ky Kinkakuji
Ky Kiyomizudera (Ninenzaka & Sanenzaka)

If time allows…
Ky Fushimi Inari Shrine
Ky Gion
Ky Kinkakuji
Ky Nijo Castle
Ky Imperial Palace

Day 4
Universal Studio

Day 5
Fly out of Kansai @ 10AM
by akago  

YES IT IS! 2008/10/3 07:33
You have whole 2 days except for USJ, so what you can do are
- 2 day tour in Kyoto only, or
- 1 day in Nara, and 1 day in Himeji & Kobe, or
- 1 day in Osaka and 1 day in Himeji & Kobe, or
etc.
by Ts rate this post as useful

Agree - here's a thought 2008/10/3 14:51
I agree with Ts. However, here are some thoughts if your really want to squeeze in as much as possible.

There are one day tours that go to Nijo Castle, Imperial Palace and Kinkakuji in the morning, then Nara in the afternoon. That might help with one day if you're prepared to alter your wish list. Check sunrise tours for ideas. Note: covering these places by yourself would take much longer as they are so far apart geographically.

For an overview of the rest it may be possible to see Umeda Sky building (this would be quickest tour - but check opening time) before going to Himeji. Allow at least 2 hrs for Himeji Castle.

Then you might get some time in Kobe late afternoon / evening to see the waterfront and go to dinner.

A lot depends on your train connections (so check out travel times and timetables) and how long you want to spend at each location.

My preference would be to add a day, so you have one for Osaka & one for Himeji / Kobe as per Ks's suggestions.

Otherwise, you will have to do some major editing to your itinerary for only 2 days.
by traceyk rate this post as useful

tour or self-guide 2008/10/3 15:11
Thank you Ts and traceyk!

I'm now considering to add one more day and joining tours as well. Thanks for the info. =)
by Akago rate this post as useful

reply to this thread